Trevor Rabin - Rio (CD+BD-A / DLX incl. 5.1 Mix 10/6)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both links take me to the same (correct) place!

This isn't the 1st time someone posts a link for a release on Amazon UK and it's goes to something totally unrelated or most of the time, goes to Item Not Found. Frankly, this happens most of time for me - some early buyer posts the link for the music release on Amazon UK and it's bad. Then someone else posts another link or says to search on Amazon's BSIN number and that works.

This has happened to me with Firefox & MS Edge. When someone else confirms it, I feel vindicated that I'm not alone in this. I have no explanation other than possibly different web servers or some quirk in browsers. You are in England, I'm in the US. Amazon UK may be using different servers for hosting their websites and using different links, so your link works for you in the UK, while it doesn't work in the US or other countries.

But the link I posted does work for Amazon UK in the US. If one doesn't work for someone, try the other!

EDIT - I see @beerking liked both of your posts so I assume that means your link works for him. And he's also in the UK ;) 2 different websites, hosted on different servers, and directed to which one, depends on origin is a possibility.

EDIT 2 - I saw this in a local Best Buy store a number of years ago. The "external" website showed an item at one price. But when I asked a clerk about the pricing being different, they pulled it up on their "internal" website which showed the higher price. I had a printout of the external web page with the discounted price, which they did honor but it shows how companies don't always perfectly mirror their web pages from server to server. One may not be updated.

Last edited:
I loved Trevor Rabin back in the day, I remember being disappointed when he joined Yes, his solo album “Wolf” is one of my all time favourites, I think I have to get this one

importCD will probably eventually list it...for much less than Amazon US. Probably in the $25-$27 range.
I’m looking back over past orders... I’ve only ordered from ImportCDs three times. The last time was in 2021. This is a good reminder for me to check them out again. I sometimes forget options when I get so stuck into my regular stores.

Reactions: GOS
2nd single released today. This one is a bit more proggy....

Plus, it's now listed at:
Import CDs: $29.63
Deep Discount: $35.94

Second single released and second single I’ve liked. @GOS mentioned ImportCDs earlier and I’ve waited to see what their price will be.

$29.63 is good... just pre-ordered with them.

(Amazon U.S. is still sitting at $39.98.)

Reactions: GOS
20231004_175003.jpg

It arrived today. Not sure if we knew this before, but this is only 5.1, no Atmos here. And while I am only three songs in, the 5.1 isn't impressing me much. Not too aggressive in the rears....and since this is a densely layered album, there are plenty of (missed) opportunities for discrete action. Paul Linford is credited with the 5.1 mix.

On the plus side, I am really enjoying the songs.

View attachment 96929

It arrived today. Not sure if we knew this before, but this is only 5.1, no Atmos here. And while I am only three songs in, the 5.1 isn't impressing me much. Not too aggressive in the rears....and since this is a densely layered album, there are plenty of (missed) opportunities for discrete action. Paul Linford is credited with the 5.1 mix.

On the plus side, I am really enjoying the songs.

Have you finished the whole album?
I have this on order but not sure now.

I didn't have super high hopes as I thought it might be Paul Linford as I was not that impressed with ARW-Live at Apollo's surround.

Even if it isn't to adventurous in surround, is at at least dynamic,clean sound?

I do really like the songs I have heard from this album so far.

Even if it isn't to adventurous in surround, is at at least dynamic,clean sound?

It is. And I liked all the songs on the album. The only disappointment is the unadventurous surround mix. I haven't listened to the 24/48 2.0 yet, but I know that my future listens of this will most likely be in stereo, not surround.

It is. And I liked all the songs on the album. The only disappointment is the unadventurous surround mix. I haven't listened to the 24/48 2.0 yet, but I know that my future listens of this will most likely be in stereo, not surround.
This a fine album, imo
But a true 5.1 mix it ain't.
A shame that there are still peeps who feel they can offer a 5.1 mix when clearly they can't

I bet it sounds cool when played back via the little blue eyed monster... :cool:

Well, there’s one benefit to Amazon.ca’s delayed release of the 5.1 mix - I can cancel it after reading the disappointing review of the surround mix. Thanks for the heads up!

Back