TesseracT - War of Being (Bruce Soord 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes coming in September 2023; BD-V / Deluxe)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been quite a big fan of this band for some years. I'd never say they have nu metal elements - what you're hearing is djent, I'd say. Maybe some progressive metalcore elements, too. They're possibly the only "modern" metal band I can say I really like. They can be heavy (obvious Meshuggah influence) but in my view they excel at their most atmospheric and melodic, with a very polished, layered production that seems to be made for surround sound. Every single member of the band is technically outstanding, yet their music never feels "showy". My copy is on the way. I can't wait! I only listened to the 11 min title track (still impressed by the videoclip) but that was more than enough for me to preorder it.
The way they incorporate hooks into their heavier/metal compositions is very nu metally.

We can have a 400 page thread splitting hairs over genre definitions. They play djent but I wouldn't call them djent anymore than, say, Haken (who have been incorrectly lumped into that bucket by some). If we're looking for one genre that fits them best, simply calling them Prog Metal would be closest. There's like 75 different metal genres now, some are very different some are indistinguishable.

Gojira would be a good example of a djent metal band. Gojira and Tesseract are very different.

The way they incorporate hooks into their heavier/metal compositions is very nu metally.
I think it's a metalcore influence. I'm not a metalcore expert by any means, though, but it sounds like that to me.

Anyway, if I had to describe them nowadays, I'd say they play some sort of modern progressive metal, too, devoid of classic prog influences (unlike Haken, for example).

I think it's a metalcore influence. I'm not a metalcore expert by any means, though, but it sounds like that to me.

Anyway, if I had to describe them nowadays, I'd say they play some sort of modern progressive metal, too, devoid of classic prog influences (unlike Haken, for example).
I like both TesseracT and Haken and both have excellent Atmos mixes by Bruce Soord up on Apple Music. :cool:

I'm certainly not a 'Metal' guy, but I'm picking one up anyway; just curious what they've done with the surround mix and perhaps expand my eclectic music tastes just a tad. The visuals that @svengaleekie showed above look interesting also.

So actually looking forward to checking it out.
I've used the top one as my phones lock screen pico_O(y)

My copy arrived and I ripped it last night, easy rip. 2.0, 5.1 & Atmos. It is a gapless release, adjust your rip as needed.
What is the definition of British Djent metal ? I never heard of Djent?
Even tough I ripped, I popped in the Blu Ray this morning just to watch/listen all the little things and the Blu Ray opens to the menu page with graphic showing and stereo music playing, but no menu to select?
I popped in the DVD and that was OK with menu selection at bottom horizontal.
Anyone have that problem with there hard disc Blu Ray?
Now I am back listening/watching to the ripped ATMOS, with onscreen graphics, etc.

My copy arrived and I ripped it last night, easy rip. 2.0, 5.1 & Atmos. It is a gapless release, adjust your rip as needed.
Even tough I ripped, I popped in the Blu Ray this morning just to watch/listen all the little things and the Blu Ray opens to the menu page with graphic showing and stereo music playing, but no menu to select?
Now I am back listening/watching to the ripped ATMOS, with onscreen graphics, etc.
Wikipedia to the rescue! Never heard of it either, but i am a big fan of onomatopoeia! Can you hear the "djent" in the music?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djent

I like it!

with BD screen grabs

1 TWOB ND.jpg

2 - T WOB E.jpg

3 - T WOB TG.jpg

4 - T WOB L.jpg

5- T WOB T.jpg

6 - T WOB WOB.jpg

7 - T WOB S.jpg

8 - T WOB B.jpg

9 - T WOB SAC.jpg

The blu-ray menu is the same place as the DVD menu, along the bottom of the screen.

That’s good your copy is how mine should be.
Mine is defective but I don’t care as I ripped it, Audio and video, so I’m not missing anything.
Any chance your TV is upscaling/interpolating the image coming in, pushing the menu outside the visible space on the screen? Or the video output on the player is set wrong or defaulting to an incorrect size or ratio?

Back