Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs New 5.1 and Dolby Atmos Mixes!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
https://musictap.com/2024/03/07/rob...fSiRVmdqUyUtoQPh8hoYTKp8dUh1oIGMlUKuyVkQSqJr4

On May 17, Chrysalis will help celebrate that 50th Anniversary of Bridge of Sighs with a brand new Stereo Mix and Remaster of the album, and coupling it with outtakes and rarities never heard before, and a CD of a live US show in its entirety from the period. Additionally, a Blu-ray will be packed into the box with 5.1 Surround Mix, Atmos mix, and a collection of outtakes, and instrumental tracks. Sounds like a grand party to me!

The 50th Anniversary reissue of Bridge Of Sighs will be issued in the 3CD/BD Box that will host a filled 24-page booklet, and be packed inside a media book housing. A 2LP set with Half-Speed Mastering, pressed on 180g-weight black vinyl that will be housed in a deluxe double gatefold jacket is being offered. You can also expect DD offerings as well. Pre-order here!

Bridge Of Sighs (50th Anniversary Remaster and Remix) – Robin Trower

CD1
(Remaster – 2024)
01 Day of The Eagle
02 Bridge Of Sighs
03 In This Place
04 The Fool and Me
05 Too Rolling Stoned
06 About To Begin
07 Lady Love
08 Little Bit of Sympathy

CD2 (New Stereo Mix and Outtakes/Rarities [not listed])
01 Day of The Eagle
02 Bridge Of Sighs
03 In This Place
04 The Fool and Me
05 Too Rolling Stoned
06 About To Begin
07 Lady Love

CD3 (Live at The Record Plant – May 29, 1974)
01 Bridge Of Sighs
02 Alethea
03 Lady Love
04 Daydream
05 Too Rolling Stoned
06 I Can’t Wait Much Longer
07 Day of The Eagle
09 Rock Me Baby

BD (Blu-ray)
Bridge Of Sighs
2024 Hi-Res Stereo Remaster
2024 Hi-Res Stereo Mix
2024 Dolby Atmos Mix
2024 5.1 Surround Mix
2024 Stereo Album Instrumentals

Robin-Trower-Bridge-Of-Sighs-50th-Anniversary-3CD-BD-Box-1536x1536.png

OMG !!
Another one of my Surround Sound Dream List Holy Grails 🎶 😀
edit: pre-ordered

I stated before in the thread "Forget Reality, what is your Dream multi-channel release?" (Jan. 21, 2020):
>>>
My Dream List
I would pre-order all of these immediately :

Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled [ Alan Parsons produced & engineered, should also do the surround mix ]
P.D.Q. Bach - 1712 Overture & Other Musical Assaults*** [ balloons popping in surround ... Goose Bumps !! ]
Robin Trower - Bridge Of Sighs
The Eagles - Desperado
Tower of Power - Bump City
The Outlaws - debut album
Camel - Moon Madness*, Breathless
Andreas Vollenweider - White Winds**
War - All Day Music, Deliver The Word, World Is A Ghetto****
Enya - Watermark
The Who - Who's Next*****
Flim & The BBs - Tricycle, Big Notes
10cc - Bloody Tourists
Al Stewart - Year of the Cat [ Alan Parsons produced, should also do the surround mix ]
>>>
* buried in box set, waiting for 'stand alone' release
** found there is a Dolby Surround CD which sounds excellent
*** Telarc label Grammy Winner for 'Best Comedy Album of the Year"
**** Billboard's #1 "Album Of The Year" 1973
***** I caved when the SDE was offered yesterday at $113

Last edited:
Not sure what this means...

50 years later, these new mixes were overseen by Robin and feature extended versions of the original album remixed from the original master tapes.

I'm definitely in. One of my 5.1 wishes from years ago. The debut album from Trower is also a wish in 5.1
Hannah is one of the best rock songs ever
Hopefully Trower pushed the drums up in the new mix

Not sure what this means...

50 years later, these new mixes were overseen by Robin and feature extended versions of the original album remixed from the original master tapes.
I'm guessing that is CD2

CD2 (New Stereo Mix and Outtakes/Rarities [not listed])
01 Day of The Eagle
02 Bridge Of Sighs
03 In This Place
04 The Fool and Me
05 Too Rolling Stoned
06 About To Begin
07 Lady Love

So that's cool. The original album will be in tact and we'll get a new version as well.

Bridge of Sighs, Robin Trower's sophomore album following his departure from Procol Harum. Lauded critically, commercially a breakthrough, the album saw Robin push his trio's initial concept into exciting new territory. Accompanied by James Dewar on soulful vocal and bass duty and Reg Isidore underpinning their psychedelic blues sound with masterful drumming. Producer and former Procol Harum bandmate Matthew Fisher and Beatles engineer Geoff Emerick take on control room duties to help bring this stunning collection of songs together.

50 years later, the recordings have been newly mixed from the original tapes, and we are proud to present the most expansive version of the album to date.

Disc 1: the original album, remastered from the tape transfers.

Disc 2: 2024 Stereo Mix along with a selection of outtakes and rarities never heard before and USA radio spots.

Disc 3: You can hear the trio amid a US tour supporting the album, available in its entirety for the first time and newly remastered from the original tape transfers. The final disc is a Blu-ray with all the above plus a newly created stunning Dolby ATMOS mix, 5.1, Stereo Album instrumentals and additional outtakes only available here. You have never heard Bridge of Sighs like this before!

At the centre of this package is a 24-page booklet featuring liner notes by David Sinclair, newly conducted interviews with Robin Trower and Matthew Fisher and testimonials by Bryan Ferry, Robert Fripp, Steve Lukather, Clive Bunker, Andy Parker and album cover designer Paul Olsen, all alongside previously unseen photographs.

Bridge of Sighs (50th Anniversary Edition) - Newly mixed and remastered from the original tapes, with previously unreleased material, live album, and Blu-ray with Dolby ATMOS, 5.1, Stereo Album Mix and additional outtakes. Housed in stylish media book with 24-page booklet with liner notes from David Sinclair, interviews with Robin Trower and Matthew Fisher and new words from Bryan Ferry, Robert Fripp, Steve Lukather and others as well as previously unseen photographs.

Back