Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs New 5.1 and Dolby Atmos Mixes!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully if Bridge of Sighs sells well [which I predict it WILL], we'll start to see Procol Harum remastered for ATMOS/5.1

Primary

My thoughts exactly, Ralphie.

Don’t like hearing that, Jonathan. Whittaker’s surround remix of Vagabonds of the Western World was inconsistent at best and left a lot to be desired.
I had the same reaction mostly. Here is my hope. It's my belief that Bridge of Sighs as an original release, has real nice, punchy fidelity. My vinly copy sounds just super. Vagabond, on the other hand....personally, I've never felt the stereo version sounds as punchy as Bridge does. My opinion again.

So, worse case scenario, the surround mix is conservative. Add a conservative mix to a great sounding title, sit in the sweet spot, crank it up. I feel like for $40-45 (import will likely be under $40) you get to hear some live stuff, maybe some out takes, instrumental version and a new Atmos/5.1 mix of one of my very favorite titles....with a 24 page booklet and pics......

I'm still very excited about this. And who knows, if it is Whittaker, maybe he'll be motivated since this is a classic title of great importance. (that's my take on the album's place in history, lol)

Even though it was a 3 piece band, the sound was so dynamic on Bridge of Sighs I feel there are opportunities existing for a great mix.
But since stereo mixes CAN sound more dynamic (not sure that's the right word?) , I guess we'll have to wait and see how well the mixer was able to open it up and spread it around.
Personally, if the mix has good action in the side surrounds I will probably be happy.

https://musictap.com/2024/03/07/rob...fSiRVmdqUyUtoQPh8hoYTKp8dUh1oIGMlUKuyVkQSqJr4

On May 17, Chrysalis will help celebrate that 50th Anniversary of Bridge of Sighs with a brand new Stereo Mix and Remaster of the album, and coupling it with outtakes and rarities never heard before, and a CD of a live US show in its entirety from the period. Additionally, a Blu-ray will be packed into the box with 5.1 Surround Mix, Atmos mix, and a collection of outtakes, and instrumental tracks. Sounds like a grand party to me!

The 50th Anniversary reissue of Bridge Of Sighs will be issued in the 3CD/BD Box that will host a filled 24-page booklet, and be packed inside a media book housing. A 2LP set with Half-Speed Mastering, pressed on 180g-weight black vinyl that will be housed in a deluxe double gatefold jacket is being offered. You can also expect DD offerings as well. Pre-order here!

Bridge Of Sighs (50th Anniversary Remaster and Remix) – Robin Trower

CD1
(Remaster – 2024)
01 Day of The Eagle
02 Bridge Of Sighs
03 In This Place
04 The Fool and Me
05 Too Rolling Stoned
06 About To Begin
07 Lady Love
08 Little Bit of Sympathy

CD2 (New Stereo Mix and Outtakes/Rarities [not listed])
01 Day of The Eagle
02 Bridge Of Sighs
03 In This Place
04 The Fool and Me
05 Too Rolling Stoned
06 About To Begin
07 Lady Love

CD3 (Live at The Record Plant – May 29, 1974)
01 Bridge Of Sighs
02 Alethea
03 Lady Love
04 Daydream
05 Too Rolling Stoned
06 I Can’t Wait Much Longer
07 Day of The Eagle
09 Rock Me Baby

BD (Blu-ray)
Bridge Of Sighs
2024 Hi-Res Stereo Remaster
2024 Hi-Res Stereo Mix
2024 Dolby Atmos Mix
2024 5.1 Surround Mix
2024 Stereo Album Instrumentals

Robin-Trower-Bridge-Of-Sighs-50th-Anniversary-3CD-BD-Box-1536x1536.png
This has been on my wish list forever! And it's priced reasonably. I was lucky enough to see him in his prime back in the fall of '76 at the Spectrum in Philly and a few times after that. Unfortunately, some of the later shows I saw were after James Dewar had passed away, and his was a voice that just can't be replaced.

Immediate pre-order. One of my all time favorite albums from the 70s. This has been on my surround fantasy wishlist for a long time.

Immediate Amazon preorder on this one.

And if we’re trading concert war stories, the first and only time I saw Trower, the trio was the opener on a 3 band bill with Jo Jo Gunne and headliners Mott The Hoople on their last stateside tour with Mick Ralphs. I don’t think Sighs had even been released yet.

Back