Al Stewart "Past, Present, & Future" (New 5.1 surround mix from Stephen W Tayler!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although this is by far my favorite Al Stewart album, the ~$70 price tag is a bit eye watering, even with a few bonus tracks and a live show included. To be fair, it's only a few bucks more than the other 3CD/DVD deluxe sets, but still... I passed on those but this one will be a tougher call. Sadly, I'm doubtful this will be offered anywhere else for less money. The previous deluxe sets have only held their value or went up!

Although this is by far my favorite Al Stewart album, the ~$70 price tag is a bit eye watering, even with a few bonus tracks and a live show included. To be fair, it's only a few bucks more than the other 3CD/DVD deluxe sets, but still... I passed on those but this one will be a tougher call. Sadly, I'm doubtful this will be offered anywhere else for less money. The previous deluxe sets have only held their value or went up!

Cherry Red has a similarly priced Rascals box set that is currently selling on Import CDs for $54. So there's a chance that once other retailers start listing it, you may find a more affordable option. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Cherry Red has a similarly priced Rascals box set that is currently selling on Import CDs for $54. So there's a chance that once other retailers start listing it, you may find a more affordable option. Fingers crossed! 🤞
As with most Esoteric releases, I expect this will be stocked at Burning Shed for a lower price. Most also show up at Amazon, first at list, then dynamically discounted just like everything else.

I agree, it seems pricy. As much as I love the album, I might have to see a review or two. I know its a @Stephen W Tayler mix so I have high expectations. That way I can check pricing from other vendors. I doubt this will sell out real fast.

If you are interested, this is an excellent read about the album concept and it's creation.

https://stephenkpeeples.com/news-an...-present-and-future-liner-notes-1992-reissue/
I bought this album new and still have it somewhere in the Bassment library . For the most part I just let the lyrics & music wash over me. Thanks to your article link I see so much more.

I will dig around tonight looking for the LP. I might resort to YT. But definetly considering this new release.

Oh wow, oh wow, Roads To Moscow in surround? Where's my wallet?
Right?

I believe this is the first Al Stewart track I ever heard in 1974-75! How great that we can have this one.

When my high school friend Cindy Lee Berryhill opened for Al Stewart in NYC (2016?) I flew up there for the show. Al's sideman managed sax, percussion and all sorts of accompaniment. Great show, the hits and some deep tracks as well. I was amazed when someone requested Roads to Moscow, Al asked for a moment or two as he adjusted the tuning on the guitar that drives this song. Never thought I'd see Al Stewart play this one live! (all of it; full length)

There is very little filler on this album. Other than Roads to Moscow, there is Post WWII Blues, Soho, Old Admirals, the unquestionable epic Nostradamus, and my prediction for best Atmos mix, Terminal Eyes.

Man, man, your time is sand, your ways are leaves upon the sea
I am the eyes of Nostradamus, all your ways are known to me ....

$55.23 shipped in the U.S. from Collector's Choice with 15% code CCM and current free shipping deal, which makes it $1.40 cheaper than ImportCDs after its U.S. shipping ($2.99) is added. Taxes will be added depending on where you live.
Thanks but too late. Losing that $1.40 is absolutely killing me! :ROFLMAO:

Back