STEVE HACKETT - FOXTROT AT FIFTY + HACKETT HIGHLIGHTS: LIVE IN BRIGHTON (Blu-Ray out in September!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already pre ordered and paid for the signed 2cd, bd version from hackettsongs.com
£20.99 nice

Oh oh,since I orered it.
The Deep Discount sku 196588202926 pulls up the same item on Amazon as the link above

A fair amount of love for Jensen over at SHF. Are there notable titles he's done that get criticized? Jensen claims--and his defenders repeat this--that sometimes the client demands a bright and/or compressed mastering, even against his wishes and best advice.
https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ted-jensen-sterling-sound-apprecation-thread.350228/
Most of what's referred to there is older masterings of his. His newer stuff is hard on the ears. The Tipping Point was a good example. And since the bonus tracks of that were mastered by somebody else in his studio (Justin Shturtz) and have better dynamics, it's clear he's making things unnecessarily loud.
Steve is a perfectionist and doubtful it will in any way be compressed!
Where in the world would you get that idea? Steve has allowed some really shoddy sounding albums of his to be released. Most of those were mixed by Roger King, but he seemed to improve by the sound of the last two live albums (though Steven Wilson did the 5.1 of the Selling England live set).

It's funny that Roger King did his first real discrete 5.1 live release of Hackett just after Steven Wilson did one. Steve Hackett must have said: You dot it like this or I am going to hire Steven again!

Just got a ship notice from Lasercd. These live sets are great, especially on a big screen and good sound system. Really looking forward to this one.

Well, friends. I warned...

xmHTEik.jpg

Every Day:

nuYYIZJ.jpg

Same here. It's highly unlikely that I'd ever listen to this in stereo, or ever even play the CD's. Hopefully the surround mix is better than that mass of green :cautious:.

Back