Sound & Vision's Ken C. Pohlmann blog on their web page

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Struck me kind of funny that someone from the glass house of print media would throw any kind of 'dead format' stone. What's Sound & Vision's byline these days, "From hell's heart, I stab at thee"?

Now that they have noticed DVD Audio discs have faded, I wonder if they are aware of BluRay.... :)

a bigger question; how many Blu-ray Audio discs will have failed and stopped working before the hacks wake upto the fact it's been and gone and dead and buried as a format..! :ROFLMAO:

The bigger question: why have there been NO failures [that I know of....and I have a thousand of so] of Blu Ray VIDEO discs?

Next month in Sound and Vision....Allies win World II..and Ken's personal insight into how Dewey beat Truman....you heard it first...read all about it in Sound and Vision:sneaky:

I'm midway through my first cup of coffee and momentarily read the title as Snood and Vision. Now that's a magazine I'd subscribe to! :LB

The bigger question: why have there been NO failures [that I know of....and I have a thousand of so] of Blu Ray VIDEO discs?
Unfortunately blu-ray failures do exists. Here in France we had a number of titles that have failed for some people (I had one completely unreadable, and two others with errors when played). The problem is not uncommon, there’s even a website about it.

You know what really ticks me off? Sound and Vision did NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, to support AF's MultiChannel SACD release series. No reviews, no blurbs, so nothing. The only mention of that effort was in a letter to the editor by ME pointing out to them that in their Doors article about their surround releases from AP (which was just a reissue of the DVD-A Perception Box) they never mentioned the fantastic "Best of Doors" Quadraphonic reissue from AF.

That is more of a crock than trying to get attention by writing about the death of surround, or DVD-A, however you want to take that article. To me it's a total attention grab, and I am not totally convinced that it wasn't written that way to stir up support for surround (in an back handed way), of which the author is a fan of.

You know what really ticks me off? Sound and Vision did NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, to support AF's MultiChannel SACD release series. No reviews, no blurbs, so nothing. The only mention of that effort was in a letter to the editor by ME pointing out to them that in their Doors article about their surround releases from AP (which was just a reissue of the DVD-A Perception Box) they never mentioned the fantastic "Best of Doors" Quadraphonic reissue from AF.

That is more of a crock than trying to get attention by writing about the death of surround, or DVD-A, however you want to take that article. To me it's a total attention grab, and I am not totally convinced that it wasn't written that way to stir up support for surround (in an back handed way), of which the author is a fan of.

And really, why is he even wasting magazine space on this topic at this point? There must be some soundbar that needs flogging...

Back