12 new SACDs from Dutton Vocalion in January 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, I'm in for the Tomita and that Dr. Teleny's sounds cheesy enough to be worth a flier. I'll look forward to reviews on the others....

The Dr. Teleny album is great in Surround Sound. Fun and some might say "cheesy" (ala PDQ Bach).
One of my Vocalion requests from last year (along with Ronnie Milsap and Black Magic Woman from Percy Faith).

yes Gene! Epic Records epic! :love:

while they're not my favourite Charlie Rich Quads i'll still be getting the SACD, "The Silver Fox" is a bit heavy on 'narration' for me but "Very Special Love Songs" is very good.
tbh I'm most excited at the prospect of Hangin' Out with Mancini as its got that cool MFSB track on it! :LB

the Faith's & Conniff's should be good from a surround point of view, especially The Happy Sound Of Ray Conniff as it was one of those CBS Quads recorded from the ground up with Quad in mind.

Almost all of the others are new to me, I never got the Ronnie Milsap or Dottie West Quads and the other Pop/Classical things just didn't appeal when i was getting old Quad records and tapes but I'll pick them up now to check them out fresh from the master tapes.

are these all on pre-order for release in January or are some available to buy right now?

For Adam:

Man, that fiddle is as sweet as country wine!

Hee Haw!

Last edited:
For Adam:

Man, that fiddle is as sweet as country wine!

Hee Haw!

yeay! Twangtastic, Captain! thanks Ralphiepie! not that i needed a nudge into buying these, I'm in for all 10 new releases but to get so near to "Last Time I Saw Him" in Quad.. and yet so far.. i'm not complaining as Dottie's take there sounds nice.. but a small shame its not Miss Ross' rendition in Quad.. but maybe, just maybe, someday, if all of Tomita's Planets align.. i mean, if anybody can get those Motown Quads out, its Dutton Vocalion, right! :rocks

Nice! I have Dr. Teleny Stolen Goods CD-4, and I never thought it had any remote chance of a hi-res reissue. It's similar in vein to the Hugo Montenegro quads, lots of strings and moog. The quad mix is a blast- there's some awesome surround effects like string parts decaying front to back.

Have the Tomita Japan CD-4 LP as well, can definitely add that to the cart.

As for Charlie Rich, I'm a little surprised/disappointed they didn't go with Behind Closed Doors (that's the only one of his quads I've heard), but they may get to it in the future.

In the meantime I still haven't received the Bartok disc...

WOW never a chance for my wallet to recuperate. These selections seem to veer towards DV's regular menu offerings. I will pick up a few including Tomita to add to the Bartok I want to get but hoping there will be some rock or Motown coming down the line in 2019. I am more motivated to buy titles of lukewarm interest just to reward DV and thank them for the quad offerings so that they continue. There is no one else filling their big shoes these days. Merry Christmas Mr Dutton and thank you again.

Back