12 new SACDs from Dutton Vocalion in January 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW never a chance for my wallet to recuperate. These selections seem to veer towards DV's regular menu offerings. I will pick up a few including Tomita to add to the Bartok I want to get but hoping there will be some rock or Motown coming down the line in 2019. I am more motivated to buy titles of lukewarm interest just to reward DV and thank them for the quad offerings so that they continue. There is no one else filling their big shoes these days. Merry Christmas Mr Dutton and thank you again.

My thoughts exactly (y):dance(y).

They couldn't have at least ONE rock title in there? Or serious Classical? Or Broadway?

3 Country titles and zero Rock or Funk / Soul. I thought DV’s strategy was to offer one of each when they release batches of 3 :( hopefully the balance will swing the other way and we’ll get batches of just Rock or Funk / Soul

3 Country titles and zero Rock or Funk / Soul. I thought DV’s strategy was to offer one of each when they release batches of 3 :( hopefully the balance will swing the other way and we’ll get batches of just Rock or Funk / Soul

Didn't we just get three (four if you count the Garfunkels) batches of rock/funk/soul? April, July, and September were an embarrassment of riches. I'm surprised it took them this long to do another easy/country batch. I'm sure they'll get back to more rock/funk/soul titles next year, just don't forget their primary reissue focus is easy listening-type titles...

Dear Santa,
I've spent a mini fortune this year on my immersive hobby.
So can I ask a small favour.
When the time comes, can you please take the double helpings of mince pies, carrots and whisky.
In return, may I ask you to explain to my good wife why her present will be arriving from Watford!!
Thankyou so much
And a very merry Christmas to you.

PS Hopefully I will be around next Xmas, after a minor relationship blip!!!:51QQ

Well, I did my part to support the cause. Ordered 12 SACDs from the Wizard of Watford including the Bela Bartok and Dave Valentin's Pied Piper Stereo SACD.

Merry Christmas Ralphie!

ralphies-bunny-suit-pajamas-from-aunt-clara-4.jpg

A Rabid fan of Dutton Vocalion's QUAD two~fers!

Last edited:
Well, I did my part to support the cause. Ordered 12 SACDs from the Wizard of Watford including the Bela Bartok and Dave Valentin's Pied Piper Stereo SACD.

Merry Christmas Ralphie!

ralphies-bunny-suit-pajamas-from-aunt-clara-4.jpg

A Rabid fan of Dutton Vocalion's QUAD two~fers!
Maybe Snood will find you a new storage rack for Christmas LOL

My first ever single was Up, Up, And Away by the 5th Dimension for either my 10th birthday or for Christmas that year, so what is the Arthur Fiedler & the Boston Pops version like?

I'm afraid Dunc, Up, Up and Away done in an easy listening style.

BTW, when I was in college, I saw The Fifth Dimension do Up, Up and Away LIVE for the very first time ........ Those were the days!

This is all great news! Personally, I'll take them all. As I wrote in 2007 here at QQ when I realized that this odd hobby actually had meaning and was significant in it's own way, I have been like all of you advocating for the re-release of Quadraphonic masters. So, I will buy whatever is offered. Just looking at the Ronnie titles alone, both records hit the top 10 of the Country charts and produced #1 hits. So yeah, I may play punk rock music, but I'm all in for the Country titles and others.

Looking at the Ronnie Wiki pages, I would ask you all to update the Wikipedia pages to reflect these new titles on all the artists Wikipedia pages. Keep in mind every small thing we can do to promote will help. Thanks.

Ronnie Milsap discography

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Milsap_discography

This is all great news! Personally, I'll take them all. As I wrote in 2007 here at QQ when I realized that this odd hobby actually had meaning and was significant in it's own way, I have been like all of you advocating for the re-release of Quadraphonic masters. So, I will buy whatever is offered. Just looking at the Ronnie titles alone, both records hit the top 10 of the Country charts and produced #1 hits. So yeah, I may play punk rock music, but I'm all in for the Country titles and others.

Looking at the Ronnie Wiki pages, I would ask you all to update the Wikipedia pages to reflect these new titles on all the artists Wikipedia pages. Keep in mind every small thing we can do to promote will help. Thanks.

Ronnie Milsap discography

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Milsap_discography

I probably NEVER would have sprung for the Dottie West nor Ronnie Milsap SACD two~fers as I was NEVER a country fan but after sampling some of their songs on you tube, how could I resist. Especially with the expert remastering Michael Dutton has accomplished with ALL his D~V QUAD SACDs.

I'm beginning to think the 'word IS out' that QUAD is no longer a gimmick but a purer way of hearing music unlike never before. Those who have cherished their SQ/QS/CD~4 vinyl records for years can all agree they've never sounded better nor 'purer' than when properly mastered from the original analogue QUAD masters....many of which have remained untouched since the 70's QUAD era.

Hoping other major record conglomerates realize there is indeed a market for their dormant QUAD and 5.1 unreleased treasures and that Dutton Vocalion is not only willing but fully capable of extracting the last bit of analogue purity out of those master tapes......or else risk losing them lest they turn to powder!

Last edited:
Well I am in on the Tomita and Dr. Teleny (I have the Q4). I had the rare Tomita CD-4 from RCA that was imported from Japan. As for the others, I will have to ponder purchase. I'm really not a big fan of Easy Listening or early country. I do have the earlier DV easy listening releases, but rarely play them. Still, I am glad to see them being released as this will save them from the dust bin.

Well I am in on the Tomita and Dr. Teleny (I have the Q4). I had the rare Tomita CD-4 from RCA that was imported from Japan. As for the others, I will have to ponder purchase. I'm really not a big fan of Easy Listening or early country. I do have the earlier DV easy listening releases, but rarely play them. Still, I am glad to see them being released as this will save them from the dust bin.
+1

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Back