Steven Wilson working on 5.1 mixes of Tangerine Dream's "Phaedra" and "Ricochet"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, but there’s still a discrepancy between this and what Steven wrote about this not really being a remix job, so I’m still confused… I guess we’ll see in due course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look again at what he said, he means that the box set is not just a remix job (remixing an already released album) but instead is a set containing a lot of unreleased material that has been mixed for the first time.

Yes Pleeease, enough of these super box sets just to get the surround mix already.

Especially ones laden with remixed/remastered RBCDs ........ At least give us LOSSY Stereo on BD~As......you could fit a bunch on a single Blu ray audio disc. According to Wilson, the TD box set will contain three newly remixed RBCDs ......YAWN!

Especially ones laden with remixed/remastered RBCDs ........ At least give us LOSSY Stereo on BD~As......you could fit a bunch on a single Blu ray audio disc. According to Wilson, the TD box set will contain three newly remixed RBCDs ......YAWN!
Why would you want lossy stereo on a Blu-ray over lossless on a CD? [emoji848]

I hope the unreleased recordings are soundboard feeds from some of the concerts from that era. I just found out about the Tangerine Tree fan club releases and I’m very interested on getting some live recordings. I’m a bit late to this I know. Those are very hard to find know!

I hope the unreleased recordings are soundboard feeds from some of the concerts from that era. I just found out about the Tangerine Tree fan club releases and I’m very interested on getting some live recordings. I’m a bit late to this I know. Those are very hard to find know!
Just had an e-mail from Pledge with Tangerine Dream at Coventry Cathedral box

Tangerine Trees and Leaves are pretty easy to find on YouTube.

It looks like the "insider" 24db has left the thread at SHF....it appears the artwork isn't finished on this set yet and it's looking like an April/May release date seems likely...

Yes, somewhat chased away as happens frequently over there - people pestering for more info every day...."any news?" "tracklist today?" as if it wouldn't be posted there multiple times if there was anything to report or made official.

Yes, somewhat chased away as happens frequently over there - people pestering for more info every day...."any news?" "tracklist today?" as if it wouldn't be posted there multiple times if there was anything to report or made official.

Yep...there are only so many ways that you can say the same thing......here....then here...here...and there is plenty more where those came from...along with the "setlist" questions that never ended....he finally realized it had gone on long enough and was nice and left with this parting

You sound a bit overly dramatic compared to how it actually played out.

You sound a bit overly dramatic compared to how it actually played out.

I only spot checked that thread...didn't really follow it closely...just looked for his posts...you may be right and to be candid...the moment you announce yourself as being some kind of "insider"...you invite the endless procession of repetitive questions...comes with the short lived "celebrity" status...just like Hollywood celebs that want the fame but don't want the other things to come with it...can't have it both ways..

Hi, just to clarify, no I haven't left that discussion forum, it just seemed pointless to say 'daily' "no, it's not ready yet, the boxset artwork needs to be finished and all of the costs calculated before Universal can issue the contents with an accurate price - and with something to show you what you will be getting for your money".

I can't or at least have promised the label not to reveal the full contents (until they do). I will add this, the 5.1 content by Wilson is the boxset's cherry on the top of a rather tasty cake, not the major reason to buy the set (IMHO) but a huge bonus. As Steven has said the albums he worked on are Phaedra, Ricochet and a full-length unreleased studio album from 1974. Beyond that the real draw is SEVEN CDs of vintage unreleased material and the book c/w with essay and photos etc. That was the only thing I contributed to, so not really an insider, but just somebody who helped them with some of the memorabilia. Hope this helps.

One last comment on the set in general, even as die-hard collector of all things TD, when I saw the content it was pretty jaw-dropping.

Hi, just to clarify, no I haven't left that discussion forum, it just seemed pointless to say 'daily' "no, it's not ready yet, the boxset artwork needs to be finished and all of the costs calculated before Universal can issue the contents with an accurate price - and with something to show you what you will be getting for your money".

I can't or at least have promised the label not to reveal the full contents, I will add this, the 5.1 content by Wilson is the boxset's cherry on the top of a rather tasty cake, not the major reason to buy the set (IMHO) but a huge bonus. As Steven has said the albums he worked on are Phaedra, Ricochet and a full-length unreleased studio album from 1974. Beyond that the real draw is SEVEN CDs of vintage unreleased material and the book c/w with essay and photos etc. That was the only thing I contributed to, so not really an insider, but just somebody who helped them with some of the memorabilia. Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum:hi...just to let you know...where you are now(this forum)...the 5.1 is THE SET for most of us.. its not the cherry on the top...its the appetizer...the main course...the dessert and the after dinner mint..and when it's a Steven Wilson Mix it's also a stiff drink after the meal.....on almost all the box sets I buy I never even bother with the CDs...and I'm not the only one on here that does that....for the record...I knew you didn't leave that thread forever...I thought at some point you would return...but I'm very happy to see you over here:dance...stop by and join in on the threads now that you are a member

Cherry on top sounds like yet another "buy the whole thing to get the 5.1 mix". But I might just do that - this time. Afterall, kosmiche musik is always welcome in my collection.

Back