Spandau Ballet - Steven Wilson Atmos mixes incoming

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As my formative musical years were from 1969 (I was 12) onwards, the 1980s wasn't my favourite time for music, I found a lot of it way too forgettable or just not my cup-of-tea. That said, having recently listened to the ABC Atmos BD, which made me reappraise my view of the band (from so what, to they are good!), and having seen Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets, with Gary Kemp playing (excellent guitarist - with a good sense of humour as well!) I'd buy the Spandu Ballet.

There were 10 Spandau Ballet singles (best of) released in RA360 (24 channel @1600kbps) on Deezer around 3 years ago that sounded really good.

The source multitracks are excellent for their later songs (first album not good) so this SW mix should be superb.

I’m in if it’s a BD release. (It wouldn’t surprise me to hear those RA360 tracks were mixed by SW).

Last edited:
Yeah nothing I'm remotely interested in but at least it's moving the average release date of quad/surround stuff at least into the 80's(albeit a shit decade for most music) and at least it's new so far as being remixed for surround.
IMHO too much current energy is being wasted on releasing marginal titles from the 70's heyday of quad
So much great music from the 90's on up.
Would like to hear some before I kick the bucket:SB

The greatest SW mix ever couldn’t make me like the album that features “True”.

Tried it recently and felt like the big hit was tacked on to an album of tracks of a wildly lower caliber. Like “Under Pressure” to Queen’s Hot Space.
If it’s bad on one speaker, imagine how bad it will be on twelve!

Back