Pink Floyd "Animals (2022 Atmos mix)" Blu-ray Audio incl. hi-res Dolby Atmos; 5.1 and stereo mixes (2018 remix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I preordered off Amazon. I know…who cares?!

I just hope when they finally release The Wall, that it’s in 5.1, and they take two years to release the Atmos version. Well, the good news is, my 5.1 BD copy of Animals should be worth, at least, half the price I originally paid.

Damn, honestly, I'm OK with them doing this right on the heels of the Animals 5.1. Whatever. I will most certainly buy this when the links start showing up.
I wouldn't have a problem with it, IF they have included the ATMOS mix in the big boxset, which of course I bought! Will I buy this one too, sadly, yes I am THAT sucker, because I WANT the ATMOS too... ;) :(

though trying not to ascribe to malice that which could be explained by incompetence... ;) :( )

I agree, I wish they’d give some love to the other records instead of just the big ones. How about an Atmos of Atom Heart Mother? Although David doesn’t particularly like that record…

Again, highly unlikely considering the 4-track(?) source but a 5.1 of Piper would be interesting to hear, even though I’m not a fan of the Barrett era.

I’m surprised Andy Jackson even remixed those two early Floyd albums as I thought it was James who was the go to guy for the Waters era albums.

You say that, but the smaller ones surely are not going to get a look in, when one of the biggest ones, being The Wall 5.1, even THAT they STILL haven't released... :( :(

Ah, maybe because you're a pet LOVER!

As Jon Urban surmised ....by purchasing the ATMOS version you're future proofing in case at some point you decide to go ATMOS and by then the BD~A would've sold out.

I don't (yet) have an ATMOS setup, but the above is the reason for the day when almost certainly I WILL! ;) :) (I'll rip the ATMOS version regardless, don't trust any pressing these days (and I never actually put the spinny disc in a player for actual listening anyway... :) ))

I got into backing-up my 'disc based' data (media) onto hard disk drives (HDD's) as soon as the technology became available and the HDD's became affordable... Personally speaking, I've never looked back :)

Indeed. Not "spun" any kind of disc for actual watching/listening purposes since approx 2004! ;) :D
New discs as they arrive into the house, get ripped and then stored/displayed (depending on which ones they are)

I am in two minds about this. We just had the 5.1 mix on blu-ray and now we are going to have to shell out for an Atmos mix. Talking about scraping the barrel...
Be that as it may, great to see that it is deemed viable to release stand-alone blu-rays with Atmos mixes.
It would have been better to wait for the Atmos and put out one definitive Animals Blu-Ray with everything - I mean, we've waited since 2018 for them to release the surround mixes any, what's another 6 months?

Frustrating. But I ordered this just the same.

In related news, my 2018 BR of Animals just went up for sale on Discogs.

I of course reacted to the new version of Atmos just as EVERY person did thinking it was lame Atmos they couldn't get this right less than a year ago.

However, on my way to being a sucker and re-ordering Atmos Animals I was pleasantly surprised to see a new Thin Lizzy Atmos mix on the SDE website. So there is that silver lining.

Last edited:
OK so, I own the 2018 Guthrie 5.1 remix on SACD [PFRSACD28] and have no interest in Atmos.
Tell me why I need this BR.

In case you expand your system down the road and the disc is no longer being made would be my answer. Used pricing could be a whole lot more than the ~$30 you'll get it for now. I say this as someone still looking for a physical copy of The Tipping Point in Atmos for a reasonable price. I wish they wouldn't limit the runs of these. I get why, but it's frustrating trying to find used copies at decent prices.

In case you expand your system down the road and the disc is no longer being made would be my answer. Used pricing could be a whole lot more than the ~$30 you'll get for now. I say this as someone still looking for a physical copy of The Tipping Point in Atmos for a reasonable price. I wish they wouldn't limit the runs of these. I get why, but it's frustrating trying to find used copies at decent prices.
The only thing I could help you with is the slip case.....for some reason, SDE sent me an extra one. No, not extra disc...lol

Don't they rerelease The Dark Side of the Moon in some form every 6 months or something? I don't think this really says much.
Screen-shot-2012-11-12-at-19.00.34-.png

Back