Pink Floyd "Animals (2022 Atmos mix)" Blu-ray Audio incl. hi-res Dolby Atmos; 5.1 and stereo mixes (2018 remix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5.1 4 Life

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Pink Floyd announce the upcoming release of their iconic album Animals 2018 Remix for the first time in Dolby Atmos immersive audio on Blu-ray.

Animals is the tenth studio album by Pink Floyd, originally released in January 1977. It was recorded at the band’s Britannia Row Studios in London throughout 1976 and early 1977, and was produced by the band themselves. The successful album peaked at number 2 in the UK and number 3 in the US and was recorded by band members David Gilmour, Nick Mason, Roger Waters and Richard Wright.

The Animals 2018 Remix – Dolby Atmos, by James Guthrie, will be released on Blu-ray, which also includes High Resolution Stereo and 5.1 Mixes alongside the 1977 Original Stereo Mix. The Dolby Atmos mix goes beyond ordinary listening by immersing the listener in the music, revealing details with unparalleled clarity and depth. Listeners will feel like they are inside the song as music moves around and above them.

The album artwork has been reimagined especially for this release and presented in a digipak with a 16-page booklet, a sticker and a postcard. The front cover image still includes the iconic pig floating between two chimneys of the Battersea Power Station, conceived by Roger Waters. However, for this new release, the artwork has been re-created for the modern era by Storm Thorgerson’s Hipgnosis partner Aubrey ‘Po’ Powell and Peter Curzon from StormStudios, and shows the historic building as it looks now, complete with light projections, variations of which feature in the accompanying booklet. Release date is

DOLBY ATMOS MIX Details -
5.1 SURROUND MIX in 24bit/96kHz UNCOMPRESSED, and dts-HD MA STEREO MIX in 24bit/192kHz UNCOMPRESSED, and dts-HD MA 1977 STEREO MIX in 24bit/192kHz UNCOMPRESSED, and dts-HD MA Dolby Atmos, Stereo and 5.1 Surround mixes by James Guthrie. Release date is 5/17/2024.

Pre-order at Amazon UK.
http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=120525

1710404973587.png

Last edited:
I am in two minds about this. We just had the 5.1 mix on blu-ray and now we are going to have to shell out for an Atmos mix. Talking about scraping the barrel...
Be that as it may, great to see that it is deemed viable to release stand-alone blu-rays with Atmos mixes.

Pink Floyd announce the upcoming release of their iconic album Animals 2018 Remix for the first time in Dolby Atmos immersive audio on Blu-ray.

Animals is the tenth studio album by Pink Floyd, originally released in January 1977. It was recorded at the band’s Britannia Row Studios in London throughout 1976 and early 1977, and was produced by the band themselves. The successful album peaked at number 2 in the UK and number 3 in the US and was recorded by band members David Gilmour, Nick Mason, Roger Waters and Richard Wright.

The Animals 2018 Remix – Dolby Atmos, by James Guthrie, will be released on Blu-ray, which also includes High Resolution Stereo and 5.1 Mixes alongside the 1977 Original Stereo Mix. The Dolby Atmos mix goes beyond ordinary listening by immersing the listener in the music, revealing details with unparalleled clarity and depth. Listeners will feel like they are inside the song as music moves around and above them.

The album artwork has been reimagined especially for this release and presented in a digipak with a 16-page booklet, a sticker and a postcard. The front cover image still includes the iconic pig floating between two chimneys of the Battersea Power Station, conceived by Roger Waters. However, for this new release, the artwork has been re-created for the modern era by Storm Thorgerson’s Hipgnosis partner Aubrey ‘Po’ Powell and Peter Curzon from StormStudios, and shows the historic building as it looks now, complete with light projections, variations of which feature in the accompanying booklet. Release date is

DOLBY ATMOS MIX Details -
5.1 SURROUND MIX in 24bit/96kHz UNCOMPRESSED, and dts-HD MA STEREO MIX in 24bit/192kHz UNCOMPRESSED, and dts-HD MA 1977 STEREO MIX in 24bit/192kHz UNCOMPRESSED, and dts-HD MA Dolby Atmos, Stereo and 5.1 Surround mixes by James Guthrie. Release date is 5/17/2024.

View attachment 103324
Where have you seen the official announcement? I can't seem to find it online. Cheers

I was literally just thinking about this yesterday! Was playing Animals in 5.1 from my blu-ray rip (forgot how great Pigs sounds when you crank that sucker!!) and figured we’d probably have to wait until 2027 for an Atmos mix but I stand corrected!

Count me in as I own the standalone Dark Side Blu as well. No Atmos as of yet but I still pick these up for my eventual foray into the format!

I'm wondering what other albums he's already mixed in Atmos?

They certainly like to maintain their revenue stream 😜
I’d like for them to release the Wall but seeing as it’s the 50th anniversary of Wish next year, we’ll probably see a massive unnecessary box set with standalone Blu-ray to follow in ~6 months

I’d like for them to release the Wall but seeing as it’s the 50th anniversary of Wish next year, we’ll probably see a massive unnecessary box set with standalone Blu-ray to follow in ~6 months
I still have some hopes to get The Wall in the Christmas campaign this year!
I agree though on your forecast for the unnecessary WYWH box next year

Back