Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tangerine Dream - In Search of Hades Unboxing
(Mainly to practice for Abbey Road):

Practice makes PERFECT, Mikey. And hopefully, you'll afford Abbey Road The White Glove Treatment! Abbey Road

See the source image

🔨🔨Maxwell's Silver Platter🔨🔨

Last edited:
The Beatles - Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Deluxe Unboxing

Thanks Baggy! I'll be reading the book for sure. The thing that caught my eye (besides George's weirdo sun glasses) was that on a couple of photos George is playing the bass; now was that just for accompaniment during live sessions or is he credited with some bass for the actual recordings?

Thanks Baggy! I'll be reading the book for sure. The thing that caught my eye (besides George's weirdo sun glasses) was that on a couple of photos George is playing the bass; now was that just for accompaniment during live sessions or is he credited with some bass for the actual recordings?
Yeah man! You can tell during the unboxing that I couldn't even guess who it was for a while, between the bass and weird shades.

Abbey Road 5.1 and Atmos Remixes Review
Plus Atmos System Tour and Easter Egg Reveal

Hey I see you have def. tech. fronts. I have the def. tech. SM55 and highly recommend them. The entire top of the speaker is a passive radiator. These things pump out massive bass for there size. I have crossed them over as low as 45hz and they're still strong. I only got them to pop once (width of a circle 1st pressing UK vinyl)

Wow, the lastest video already has 2000 views in just a few days. My fastest to that point ever.
10 subscribers this morning alone. By far the fastest pace for the channel, so far.
Abbey Road 50th is spreading a lot of joy!
And...what makes your channel unique...there are reviews of AR all over YouTube and the web. None of them, NONE of them discuss the 5.1 or Atmos mixes. And the fact that no one wants to talk 5.1 or Atmos mix is a real shame. Keep up the good work!

There was one self described audiophile I watched. .Talked about the 2009 remastering which he prefers because it is softer and more analog sounding said the new stereo remix is too revealing but does make AR sound more like a real rock album and less pop. He did mention atmos. He went to a press event where he heard it. He said you could experience the Beatles flying all around you if you like that sort of thing but it is not for him.......

Here is a quote from The Toronto Sun, and I get it, some people want the extra stuff - outtakes, rehearsals, behind the scenes, etc. I like that stuff too, but I could live the rest of my life having listened to the outtakes once, I'd probably never listen again and I'd and be happy. I hardly ever watch the extra features that come with movie blu-rays. Just give me the best sound, give me the 5.1 and Atmos, day in, day out, 24/7/365.

Quote: "Let’s face it: New mixes and remastered tracks are great, but rarities and unreleased tracks are what fans really want." and the article goes on "Disc 4 | Blu-Ray Audio Honestly, I seldom get that excited by 5.1 audio mixes. I’ve only heard a few that really knocked me out, such as the ones Jerry Harrison did for the Talking Heads’ Brick Box back in 2005. Other than that, most of them sound about the same to me: A guitar part or some backup vocals get moved to the back speakers, a solo bounces around and some effects pan from one corner to the other. Big deal. Having said that, I have absolutely no quibbles about the DTS-HD Master Audio mix here. It’s all very understated and refined, with no fancy trickery or effects. As for the Dolby Atmos mix, to me it just sounded really quiet — but I don’t have overhead speakers, so I’m missing the full effect. There’s also a high-res stereo version should that float your boat." (n)

Back