Hello, a real surround fan here!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie 5.1Test

Have a nice day everyone!

I'm Charlie from Hungary.
In the last couple of years, I started making 5.1 test sounds in my own production. I am currently publishing these on YouTube. I tried to provide the sounds with useful images so that they can be enjoyed. :)

When I found out that YouTube also supports surround sound, I made a basic 5.1 test. Since then, I've done several parties and learned a lot about surround sound mixing. I am constantly improving myself to make better and better materials. Example:

Based on what I have learned in the last two years, I am already doing the following:

I also really like recording the sounds of nature in surround sound, and I have a Zoom H3-VR microphone for this. I am still in the very early stages of this. Since I also have a camera as a cameraman, I started shooting my own video and audio videos, but I didn't have much time for this with work, but I will be able to show you an example of this as well.
IMG_7965.MOV_snapshot_00.11_[2024.02.09_10.34.58].jpg
This is a recording setup. :) Sony a7sIII + Zoom H3.

So I really like to test and test my own system. I make my videos for the benefit of myself and others. Among my plans is the compilation of a more serious demo material that will even be downloadable.

The home theater consists of Bowers & Wilkins speakers and a subwoofer with an LG CX 65' Oled TV. :)

Welcome aboard!
I'll definitely check out your clips. Somehow, in the past, I tried playing 5.1 YT videos on my TV and I only got stereo.

Off-topic, but I'm visiting Budapest in August, really looking forward!

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing how your interests develop further with the audio and video! Pretty cool stuff.

Keep us posted...
Thanks! I am improving my knowledge and I will put this in my videos in the future as well.

Welcome aboard!
I'll definitely check out your clips. Somehow, in the past, I tried playing 5.1 YT videos on my TV and I only got stereo.

Off-topic, but I'm visiting Budapest in August, really looking forward!
My experience is that surround sound usually appears on TV applications from 2020-21 models.

What a coincidence your trip is! :) I'm sure it will be great!

Welcome to QQ Charlie, ...I will check out your channel, thanks for sharing!

I also have a YouTube channel and try to post something new everyday in 5.1. There's a couple of threads/topics here on the forum where you will find links for other YouTube channels that focus on 5.1 audio, ...many of those channel creators are members here on QQ.

...Somehow, in the past, I tried playing 5.1 YT videos on my TV and I only got stereo.
YouTube in 5.1 works best from an app on a streaming box (AppleTV, Roku, Nvidia Shield, FireStick) but it does natively play on some TV apps. I also have a Sony TV but my app will not stream 5.1 directly but if I use my phone or a web browser on my PC and click that "Play on TV" button, ...it will start the ChromeCast session and then I can play everything in 5.1 just fine.

You can "link" your TV with your phone's YouTube app with a code and then whenever you want to play 5.1, just click that button and you can listen & browse through your TV.

I also have a YouTube channel and try to post something new everyday in 5.1. There's a couple of threads/topics here on the forum where you will find links for other YouTube channels that focus on 5.1 audio, ...many of those channel creators are members here on QQ.

YouTube in 5.1 works best from an app on a streaming box (AppleTV, Roku, Nvidia Shield, FireStick) but it does natively play on some TV apps. I also have a Sony TV but my app will not stream 5.1 directly but if I use my phone or a web browser on my PC and click that "Play on TV" button, ...it will start the ChromeCast session and then I can play everything in 5.1 just fine.

You can "link" your TV with your phone's YouTube app with a code and then whenever you want to play 5.1, just click that button and you can listen & browse through your TV.
One of my all-time favo(u)rite YouTube channels! If anyone has yet to check out @Methuselah’s Grandpa channel with his PHENOMENAL mixes, drop what you're doing and listen NOW! When i'm not listening to physical media in surround, i'm surrounded by @Methuselah’s Grandpa ! Sweet Discrete Surround Music, INDEED! One more time:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqdkiAK8rSeh3MFoAaFs3NQ

Your channel is very exciting, I remember seeing it before! I will listen to your mixes in the living room! :) I wonder how they sound!

Likewis
One of my all-time favo(u)rite YouTube channels! If anyone has yet to check out @Methuselah’s Grandpa channel with his PHENOMENAL mixes, drop what you're doing and listen NOW! When i'm not listening to physical media in surround, i'm surrounded by @Methuselah’s Grandpa ! Sweet Discrete Surround Music, INDEED! One more time:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqdkiAK8rSeh3MFoAaFs3NQ
Like wise i have derived a lot of enjoyment from @Methuselah’s Grandpa phenomenal mixes.

Have a nice day everyone!

I'm Charlie from Hungary.
In the last couple of years, I started making 5.1 test sounds in my own production. I am currently publishing these on YouTube. I tried to provide the sounds with useful images so that they can be enjoyed. :)

When I found out that YouTube also supports surround sound, I made a basic 5.1 test. Since then, I've done several parties and learned a lot about surround sound mixing. I am constantly improving myself to make better and better materials. Example:

Based on what I have learned in the last two years, I am already doing the following:

I also really like recording the sounds of nature in surround sound, and I have a Zoom H3-VR microphone for this. I am still in the very early stages of this. Since I also have a camera as a cameraman, I started shooting my own video and audio videos, but I didn't have much time for this with work, but I will be able to show you an example of this as well. View attachment 101288 This is a recording setup. :) Sony a7sIII + Zoom H3.

So I really like to test and test my own system. I make my videos for the benefit of myself and others. Among my plans is the compilation of a more serious demo material that will even be downloadable.

The home theater consists of Bowers & Wilkins speakers and a subwoofer with an LG CX 65' Oled TV. :)

Welcome Charlie, I am glad you're a real surround fan. As it turns out, I am 25% Hungarian.

Back