5.1 Mixing Engineer Here! Need Help Playing MC Files in Acura TL 2011

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelnikM

Hello all! I am a huge fan of surround sound formats and am also a professional mixer. I have a couple of my own mixes that I would love to be able to play in my Acura TL 2011. Can anyone recommend the best way to get this done? I am new to encoding my own DVD-A discs and such.

Thank You!

I generally put surround sound files on a removable drive, then plug it into the receiver. I can't speak if that'll work for the Acura TL 2011, though.

Hello all! I am a huge fan of surround sound formats and am also a professional mixer. I have a couple of my own mixes that I would love to be able to play in my Acura TL 2011. Can anyone recommend the best way to get this done? I am new to encoding my own DVD-A discs and such.

Thank You!

Hello and welcome.
There are threads here about how to do this. Assuming your car can play the files, I believe for your type vehicle you play on a USB Thumb drive Multi-channel FLAC files at 24 bit / 48 kHz with 0 (zero) compression. At least I think so..

For your own DVD-A there are programs like DVD Audio Extractor that can get the files off the DVD. Next are some free programs that can convert the files into what might play in one’s car or other device or player.

Others who know more here can help you. I also add to your thread title so that you can get help quicker. Thanks.

https://www.dvdae.com/

Thank You!
Welcome aboard! I still prepare DVD-A discs for our Acura TL from time to time. Problem is these programs can be complicated and/or no longer available. There are plenty of audio utilities out there to do lots of tasks, sadly to output a compatible DVD-A disc has almost dried up completely. I use HD Audio Solo that still miraculously function despite the company being out of business and server shutdown.

If no other options present themselves, I could author a DVD-A for you from your files.

Mel - thought you may get a kick out of seeing Acura's own DVD-Audio Demo disc. It's a nice disc, and prices are low. You may have to upgrade your Acura, though, to experience sound quality beyond DVD-A's 24/96.

Attachments

• ACURA .jpg
    ACURA .jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Mel - thought you may get a kick out of seeing Acura's own DVD-Audio Demo disc. It's a nice disc, and prices are low. You may have to upgrade your Acura, though, to experience sound quality beyond DVD-A's 24/96.

You can see 3 of the 5 Acura Demo DVD-A's here. These are the WEA Rhino discs. There was a Universal Music version, and an AIX version for the RL Bose system as well

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/QQWBRhinoGalleryP4.htm

Thanks, wasn’t aware of this one. Has there need discussion of this product on QQ I missed? Ironic I was in a San Diego messenger business and delivered to 225 Broadway often, 40 years ago.

Thanks, wasn’t aware of this one. Has there need discussion of this product on QQ I missed? Ironic I was in a San Diego messenger business and delivered to 225 Broadway often, 40 years ago.
As far as I know, only in passing. It absolutely does work for basic DVD-A discs, but since it's not been worked on for a while, nothing past that. Don't expect to be able to do fancy menus or lyrics or stuff easily. Screenless or basic track selection stuff only, which is suited for players like the Acura...

Back