4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious, but skeptical.

#1 - The Warner Catalog isn't exactly teeming with available titles that spur my attention.
#2 - Blu Ray. Won't work in the car, Don't have a player at home, don't have a PC drive to rip 'em. Practically useless to me unless I go invest in a bunch of equipment.

But, on the positive side - bring it on! We need more titles!
A PC blu ray drive is pretty cheap.

If there's an anniversary, then I'm going to guess Alice Cooper.

If that's the case it might be quite pricey?

Do we know if they're going to be limited editions...?...or are they going to be an ongoing general release?

If there's an anniversary, then I'm going to guess Alice Cooper.

If that's the case it might be quite pricey?

Do we know if they're going to be limited editions...?...or are they going to be an ongoing general release?
Pricing has been discussed in this thread if you read back four posts.

Last edited:
I’m not a big Alice Cooper fan, but I did think BDD would be a possible choice as this is the 50th anniversary (I believe) and that there would be things to mark the occasion.
I'd like to see Rhino give priority to titles that haven't previously been released on either DVD-A or SACD.

I'm curious, but skeptical.

#1 - The Warner Catalog isn't exactly teeming with available titles that spur my attention.
#2 - Blu Ray. Won't work in the car, Don't have a player at home, don't have a PC drive to rip 'em. Practically useless to me unless I go invest in a bunch of equipment.

But, on the positive side - bring it on! We need more titles!
Invest in a bunch of equipment? It costs like $60 for an external bluray drive. That's it.

I was going to make a joke about hoping that this set includes something from Mystic Moods Orchestra. Then I did some digging into it and found out that the orchestra was founded by a fellow named Brad Miller. He also happens to be the original founder of Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs. 😯 So whatever you want to call the genre, i.e. R&B Easy Listening, I would bet that these Mystic Moods quads sound (to steal the @marpow quote) "Really f###ing good."

I was going to make a joke about hoping that this set includes something from Mystic Moods Orchestra. Then I did some digging into it and found out that the orchestra was founded by a fellow named Brad Miller. He also happens to be the original founder of Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs. 😯 So whatever you want to call the genre, i.e. R&B Easy Listening, I would bet that these Mystic Moods quads sound (to steal the @marpow quote) "Really f###ing good."
Oh God! Nooooooo. lol :hi

Really hoping for Gordon Lightfoot's two quad albums to come out eventually as part of this renewed campaign, Sundown and Cold on the Shoulder. I would love for one of them to be among the June releases. Previous posters have mentioned Gord's Gold on their wish lists, but there was no quad release of that, as far as I know, just the two studio albums I noted.

I sure hope it includes Red Octopus. I haven’t heard the quad of this, but my stereo LP and early US CD have always kept me wanting more, and while I appreciate what Dutton-Vocalion do for quad, I am not as thrilled with the stereo masterings and trust Rhino more to include one that I will like, based on the hi-res stereo tracks on the Chicago and Doobies boxes.

Back