Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where'd you procure the multis from?
I have collected thousands from all over the place & don’t always keep track of where I acquired them but if memory serves, I believe those particular ones originated from mixthemusic.com which was a fantastic service where you could purchase lossless 24Bit multis/stems for a reasonable price to use within the StudioOne DAW.

Yeah, but all of the tunes minus two have already been mixed into 5.1 by Elliot Scheiner (allegedly). The final two could be Penteo'd and boom, there's your mix.
So it is only 2 tracks missing multi's? And Fagen offered how much for the missing multi's?

This album does have a multi-channel release, a Japanese discrete quadraphonic CD-4 LP.
Was not aware of this.
Additionally, a couple songs from the album were also included in the Marvin Gaye Collection, released in 5.1 on a DVD-Audio & a SACD.
I have the DVD-Audio of this which to my ears is ok but not jaw dropping by any means. This is such a great album it deserves a Steven Wilson quality release, Quad, 5.1, Atmos.
I actually just mixed my own 5.1 & Atmos mix of the single What's Going On a couple weeks ago.
How does it sound?

This is a post from the Steve Hoffman forum:
"From the liner notes of the remastered Aja.
When we recently sent for the multitrack masters of Aja so as to make new surround-sound mixes of same, we discovered that the two-inch multitracks of the songs Aja and Black Cow were nowhere to be found. They had somehow become separated from the other boxes, which the producer had abandoned here and there (studios, storage lockers, etc.) almost twenty years before. Anyone having information about the whereabouts of these missing two inch tapes should contact HK Management at (415) 485-1444. There will be a $600.00 reward for anyone who successfully leads us to the tapes. This is not a joke. Happy hunting."
So it is assumed only Black Cow and Aja by some.

Last edited:
You would think these classics would be better handled and protected from fire, theft, and/or misplacement.
I hope these two tracks are located at some point.

As mentioned in a similar thread but with some additions:

UK - all three first albums
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot
Kraftwerk - studioalbums Autobahn, Radioaktivität, etc.
Tangerine Dream - any
Pink Floyd - Meddle!!!
Dire Straits - Debut, Love Over Gold
The Cars - Debut
Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene
Genesis - first albums till Lamb lies down on Broadway
Neil Young - Harvest, After the Gold Rush
Klaus Schulze - any
Joy Division - Closer, Unknown Pleasures
Lee Clayton - Naked Child
SAGA - first three albums
Yello - first albums