Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scalpers ???
I just checked e-bay and one reseller has the Doobie Quadio box set for sale at $209.95. That's quite a mark-up.

Generously they offer free shipping.

If someone wants an individual Quadio single disc, the same reseller is selling Toulouse street and Captain & Me for $83.95 a piece.

I hope this reseller did not buy up a bunch of the new stock. There are a lot of folks that would have wanted a copy and now it's out of reach.

There is another seller that is selling brand-new copies at $185 + $13.60 shipping.

I don't know what this means, even though it's listed as sold out, it lets me go ahead and put in my cart, and at that point, it says IN Stock. I'd say, order away folks.

1715109401899.png

I’m not talking about his death but his selling his entire creative works.

I think maybe the farm term for death is when they bought the farm.

But anyway it’s just his entire catalog of publishing and masters being sold off , and that’s a big farm. I’m optimistic still.

Yes looks like between 2021 and 2023 Simon sold off all of his publishing to Sony, and his Simon and Garfunkel share (masters) to BMG. His solo masters might still be retained by him. The farm has been mostly cashed out now.
I apologize for my misunderstanding and I stand corrected. I personally wouldn't have used the "farm" since its meaning was less than obvious but, anyway, it's time now to move on. Have a good day.

Great! I’m sure some flippers got a few of them, but it’s nice that some individuals got a crack at them as well.

It’s a great set with very fair pricing to match.

And the Quadio line continues…

Great! I’m sure some flippers got a few of them, but it’s nice that some individuals got a crack at them as well.

It’s a great set with very fair pricing to match.

And the Quadio line continues…
I just went to rhino
I don't know what this means, even though it's listed as sold out, it lets me go ahead and put in my cart, and at that point, it says IN Stock. I'd say, order away folks.

View attachment 105233
I just tried to purchase it and I could have completed the purchase. Already have it. Seems like some are still available.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone still interested, I just purchased the set today at noon. It was still showing as in stock. Not sure why anyone else would be having issues ordering. I simply followed the link posted above.
They would have issues because sometimes or even often the Chrome browser does not get along with Rhino’s site. It could work once, but then fail on a second order. Edge browser seems most often to complete orders when on pc anyway.

And some find that ordering as “guest” has better results than signing in as returning customer.

So that’s two reasons for some have had issues. I could go on….

Last edited:
Back