WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, lol...just noticed the title of this thread has a punctuation issue. No, I'm not the punctuation police, but you know...for future generations. Might as well get it right.

@sjcorne not sure if it can be fixed. Apostrophe needed, not quotes.

Now; I"ll just let myself out before you"all torch me. :censored: :hi :LOL:

View attachment 96717
Need some torching company?

It’s also-

Who’s Next | Life House

A bar with spaces )not a slash( and Life House is two words 🍭

PS- The Polll thread is wrong also :p

Hey, lol...just noticed the title of this thread has a punctuation issue. No, I'm not the punctuation police, but you know...for future generations. Might as well get it right.

@sjcorne not sure if it can be fixed. Apostrophe needed, not quotes.

Now; I"ll just let myself out before you"all torch me. :censored: :hi :LOL:

View attachment 96717
If you're changing things, please make Life House two words as well.
Edit: @J. PUPSTER not only beat me to it, he was also more comprehensive!

Last edited:
If you're changing things, please make Life House two words as well.
Edit: @J. PUPSTER not only beat me to it, and he was more comprehensive!
Just imagine if that was some computer code for a chip in a new fangled H decoder - the right front channel might go rear left and vice verse, or it might just smoke out :smokin ☮️

My very favorite song on this album as far as lyrics @marpow

My life's in jeopardy
Murdered in cold blood is what I'm gonna be
I haven't been home since Friday night and now my wife
Is comin' after me

Give me police protection
Gonna buy a gun so I can look after number one
Give me a bodyguard
A black belt judo expert
With a machine gun

Gonna buy a tank and an airplane
When she catches up with me
Won't be no time to explain
She thinks I've been with another woman
And that's enough
To send her half-insane

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, and take a long, long drive
I may end up spendin' all my money
But I'll still be alive

All I did was have a bit too much to drink
And I picked the wrong precinct
Got picked up by the law and now I ain't got time to think

Gonna buy a tank and an airplane
When she catches up with me
Won't be no time to explain
She thinks I've been with another woman
And that's enough
To send her half-insane

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, and take a long, long drive
I may end up spendin' all my money
But I'll still be alive

And I'm oh, so tired of running
Gonna lay down on the floor
I gotta rest some time
So I can get to run some more
Yeah

She's comin'
She's comin'
She's comin'
She's comin'
She's comin'
She's comin'
She's comin'
She's comin'

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: John Entwistle
My Wife lyrics © Whistle Rhymes Limited

How about instead of leaving flowers on cemetery visits just bring your box sets?
"Oh boy the family's coming again this year will they bring me Whos Next or Temple of the Dog?"
GOS says you're all getting a copy of something in his Will, whether you like it or not! 🤑

then, once all the duplicates are all dished out, the estate sale can begin proper! 🥳💘

edit: this of course will not be for a very long time indeed - and i'm sure many of us, myself included, shall be long gone by then! 😅🤐 PHEW.

GOS says you're all getting a copy of something in his Will, whether you like it or not! 🤑

then, once all the duplicates are all dished out, the estate sale can begin proper! 🥳💘

edit: this of course will not be for a very long time indeed - and i'm sure many of us, myself included, shall be long gone by then! 😅🤐 PHEW.
Freddie, you don't make things easier for us, showing us all what can be had 🥁 :SG

Freddie, you don't make things easier for us, showing us all what can be had 🥁 :SG
in the words of the late, great, Whitney Houston, "didn't we almost have it all..." 👀🤷🏻‍♀️

none of us will ever have the proverbial 'everything' but it shouldn't stop us chasing the dream and going on a permanent Hooverphonic spending spree!! 🤑😋 yeah bay-bee YEAAHHHH!!! 🤩🌈💘🤓

No big deal, but maybe newbies and lurkers might be interested.
Pictures of Who's Next Japanese edition.
1. Nothing extra, except a small sticker.
2. Plastic slip case not found on other addtions.
3. Addtional booklet in Japanese writing.
4. The 16bit/44.1 Khz CD's are SHM (Super Hard Material) CD's.
I am a big fan of the superior quality of Japanese releases, I do not purchase all things Japanese, too expensive.
Regarding SHM CD's I do find them to have a better sound, slight, but better. They are a little thicker so if you have a slot drive CD player sometimes they get stuck.
Not sure if the non Japanese versions had the addendum to page 75 and the plastic CD/BD covers?
IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

Regarding SHM CD's I do find them to have a better sound, slight, but better. They are a little thicker so if you have a slot drive CD player sometimes they get stuck.
Have you made any comparisons of the sound quality of the high-res material on the blu-rays of these Japanese box sets vs. the standard issue sets? I think it would be a very expensive comparison, so probably not worth the effort.

For those who care about such things, sales info from Billboard:

All versions of the album, old and new, are combined for tracking and charting purposes. In the week ending Sept. 21 in the U.S., Who’s Next sold 9,500 copies – up from a negligible sum the previous week. Of its 9,500 sold, physical sales comprise 9,000 (6,000 on vinyl, 3,000 on CD) and digital downloads comprise 500.

Opened my box just getting into the contents
My book has an addendum for page 75 regarding the track I Don't Know Myself

Like others the badge pin sets have left indentations on the group photo and one of the booklets.
Did no one think about this? Could have put them in a small baggy or envelope.
On the other hand it makes the photo look more authentic.
The two books are high quality print jobs.
Bargain penteo upmix is decent sounding
Yes I don't feel the oomph in the 5.1. Will have to compare the stereo for that
But very clean sounding cranked up
There is so much content in this box set I need a week off work to digest all of it.

OK, starting a 10 Disc ripping session. I cannot listen till have this done.
I have been ripping so many discs the last two weeks, it becomes overwhelming with listening and reading.
I have 3 piles in 3 rooms, I'm just going to load them all up and put them in the closet, I can't handle the pressure of having to be a completist.
So while I rip all these Who discs, I will listen to what came in, which I have been doing, and maybe this afternoon I'll get the Atmos hard disc in the player.

Last edited:
Back