The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no! Sober at a concert is not fun.
Where I live you can't just drive somewhere and get a taxi back (actually its really difficult getting a taxi at all!), you have to book weeks in advance and that is banking on the taxi wanting to do it! A group of 4 friends went as well, they drove over in one car, but the taxi they'd booked couldn't have more than 3, so I ended up giving one a lift back as well!

1000002353.jpg

I first saw CGT opening for King Crimson on the Thrak tour and almost a score of times since. This is the first since Tom replaced Hideo and I must say, I enjoyed the addition of the bottom end his stick brings to the game.

Excellent evening with The Pineapple Thief in London, the last stop of their European tour. Despite having most of their albums it's the first time I have seen them and what a talented band of musicians they are. Not only that but terrific value at only £38 for the ticket. I can thoroughly recommend getting a ticket to see them should they ever be at a theatre near you.

Attachments

• 20240316_213309.JPG
    20240316_213309.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Excellent evening with The Pineapple Thief in London, the last stop of their European tour. Despite having most of their albums it's the first time I have seen them and what a talented band of musicians they are. Not only that but terrific value at only £38 for the ticket. I can thoroughly recommend getting a ticket to see them should they ever be at a theatre near you.
I could not agree more! I saw them in Amsterdam in February after which I decided to also buy tickets for Cologne, Germany (two days ago). Both shows were fantastic!!!

Attachments

• Cologne IMG-20240315-WA0005.jpg
    Cologne IMG-20240315-WA0005.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Cologne IMG-20240315-WA0004.jpg
    Cologne IMG-20240315-WA0004.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Cologne IMG-20240317-WA0000.jpg
    Cologne IMG-20240317-WA0000.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 0
Cannot believe I am finally about the see The Fixx live in London - they haven't played in the UK for decades.

And it is also ridiculous that it will be the first time I shall actually see them live - considering I have worked with them in the studio since 1981!!!!! SWTx
I mentioned last weekend that the Phantoms album by The Fixx would be killer in surround. I suggested that other Steve dude handle this but you would be an even better candidate to create such a yummy offering. Was unaware of your involvement with The Fixx until now Mr. Tayler.

Last edited:
I mentioned last weekend that the Phantoms album by The Fixx would be killer in surround. I suggested that other Steve dude handle this but you would be an even better candidate to create such a yummy offering. Was unaware of your involvement with The Fixx until now Mr. Tayler.
Cheers!! I recorded and mixed their first 4 studio albums in the 80s, mixed 'Beautiful Friction' in 2012 - and produced and mixed 'Every Five Seconds' which came out in 2022. If there was ever a request to remix any of the classic albums I would be there in a shot!!!

Cheers!! I recorded and mixed their first 4 studio albums in the 80s, mixed 'Beautiful Friction' in 2012 - and produced and mixed 'Every Five Seconds' which came out in 2022. If there was ever a request to remix any of the classic albums I would be there in a shot!!!
OK, I am formally requesting you remix their classic albums... Oh wait, you mean a request from the band...

I don't see if anybody already mentioned the upcoming Nick Cave tour. Opinions? Worth it? Thanks
I’m considering going to the Amsterdam show in september. Never saw him live before and I am not too familiar with his work, but he’s supposed to be sensational live. Tickets are quit pricey at €120 for the best seats though. So still a bit on the fence. A bit of a pain that the concert tickets go on sale before the new album is released.

I would be happy for a re-release of these albums on CD or even Vinyl. I don’t have a thing, other than 1011 Woodland and, one of my favorites, Ink.

I’m considering going to the Amsterdam show in september. Never saw him live before and I am not too familiar with his work, but he’s supposed to be sensational live. Tickets are quit pricey at €120 for the best seats though. So still a bit on the fence. A bit of a pain that the concert tickets go on sale before the new album is released.
I sort of agree with you... Of course I would feel more excited to get tickets while listening to the new album... But above all I would prefer to buy a ticket not so long in advance. Spring for autumn 🙄.
And , these shows always in places like stadiums..... in front you hear, but what if you are far on the side seats? I remember long time ago , sitting on the highest part of San Siro...........😬

I sort of agree with you... Of course I would feel more excited to get tickets while listening to the new album... But above all I would prefer to buy a ticket not so long in advance. Spring for autumn 🙄.
And , these shows always in places like stadiums..... in front you hear, but what if you are far on the side seats? I remember long time ago , sitting on the highest part of San Siro...........😬
The Amsterdam Ziggo Dome is one of the best concert venues in the world and has excellent sound throughout the whole venue, that has a 15,000 capacity. Yes, I prefer smaller venues but if it has to be an enormodome, this is as good as it gets. And all that within an hour’s travel from my home.

Back