Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Messenger_creation_f003548b-e061-4931-a4a7-bbe72505cef7.jpeg

Fascinating, Simon. I was thinking about that song just this morning with regard to how it compares to the duration of a total eclipse. (I am a bloody engineer, you know.) The lyrics are:

"Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart

Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart"

Reality check for her beau: I've got bad news for you dude...despite whatever you might think of how into you she was, it only took her 4-1/2 minutes to get over you. :ROFLMAO:

maximum 88% covered here and peaks at 3:21.

I will be checking it out but I think some of the hype around this is over the top.
At least you're getting hype! Round here a lot of people aren't even selling the viewing glasses because of a lack of interest. I miss the 2017 eclipse where people actually cared!

Fascinating, Simon. I was thinking about that song just this morning with regard to how it compares to the duration of a total eclipse. (I am a bloody engineer, you know.) The lyrics are:

There's nothing I can do

Nothing I can say

Reality check for her beau: I've got bad news for you dude...despite whatever you might think of how into you she was, it only took her 4-1/2 minutes to get over you. :ROFLMAO:
It's also worth watching the literal video... ;)

There's nothing I can do

Nothing I can say

It's also worth watching the literal video... ;)

I was working in a recording studio in London, I opened a door to a side room, walked in to get something out of my bag and
.......................................................saw her bare backside! She was having an injection as her voice was breaking up. She is a real star, and a good laugh (she was laughing away as I apologised), so she saw the funny side of my embarrassment!
Edit: This was well over 30+ years ago

Last edited:
I was working in a recording studio in London, I opened a door to a side room, walked in to get something out of my bag and
.......................................................saw her bare backside! She was having an injection as her voice was breaking up. She is a real star, and a good laugh (she was laughing away as I apologised), so she saw the funny side of my embarrassment!
Edit: This was well over 30+ years ago
So Duncan, you’re saying that you accidentally saw a total eclipse of the moon?

with 94 percent of the sun blocked I would have thought it to be much darker than it was. it was a little eerie - but not as exciting as I had thought / hoped for.
kind of reminded me of last years Canadian wildfire smoke plume
Well in 2044 when the next total eclipse takes place Ricko you will be able to view it from atop your BARN with Holst's THE PLANETS blasting in Dolby Atmos [or better] on your state of the art sound system!

But at your age [in 2044] you'd better take a mega dose of Geritol before attempting that climb! 🛖

Last edited:
While this won't look much different than any other "stock" photos you've seen. The difference is, my best friend's wife is a semi-professional photographer. They were 5 miles from where my wife and I were situated earlier today. This is her shot. At exactly 2:03 PM Central Time Zone. South central, Illinois. Totality. We saw mostly the exact same thing. Though, we could only see the red fire at 1pm per the picture. We didn't see any other red fire per that picture.

1712622268894.png

Well in 2044 when the next total eclipse takes place Ricko you will be able to view it from atop your BARN with Holst's THE PLANETS blasting in Dolby Atmos [or better] on your state of the art sound system!

But at your age [in 2044] you'd better take a mega dose of Geritol before attempting that climb! 🛖
You can go to Iceland in August 2026 for the next one.

My wife and I chose to locate at a very remote cemetary and it was outstanding. We were the only ones there, and I spent 2 hours before walking all the stones, actually found a distant relative in the very corner. How cool is that?

That pic is at least equal if not exceeding all the stuff I found online & the TV. Viewing it in a cemetery is just crazy awesome. Was this close to Gibson City?

You know what's painful? When you have to scan artwork because it's not online. You know what's MORE painful? The artwork is a nightmare to scan because it's humongous and shiny and metallic.
I’ve been trying to find a scanner that would do an LP cover since I digitized my high school class’s record in 2010. The audio was simple. The artwork was a muthah.

Back