Suggestions for Dutton Vocalion Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duo label sounds like a cover knockoff, since BK was on Polydor. Does it mention GEMA on the label, or ML, Suisa or...? It may be a Swiss production, such as Senn-Sound carts, which were at 95% cover versions

Duo label sounds like a cover knockoff, since BK was on Polydor. Does it mention GEMA on the label, or ML, Suisa or...? It may be a Swiss production, such as Senn-Sound carts, which were at 95% cover versions
It's been a long time since I listened to it so I don't know if they are knock-offs or not. The only other markings on the tape are ML. Patent is 1973. Will have to give it a listen next time I fire up the Q8 deck. It does say below the song titles The Bert Kaempfert Orchestra so there is that.

ML = Switzerland. Very likely a parent company of Senn-Sound, which had some sub-labels (Jet, for example). Since Switzerland has 3 national languages, the Senn Sound tapes (stereo or quad) can have song in italian, french or german along with the "international hits" in english.
100% Knockoff, but it may be a nice recording. I've had many Senn-Sound quads and the Various Hits collection are 200% crap but two tapes are actual quad and really recorded well: Forever with Naples by J. Langsoz and Ballate il liscio by Giancarlo Zucchi. I strongly doubt that many people here likes mandolin and polkas...:):):)

Would LOVE to have D-V release GYW, Rocks AND Toys so i can hear the differences. If we're going to go large, how about the three Steely Dan quads too :)

Unless Dutton Vocalion enter into an agreement with Universal Music to start reissuing Quadraphonic mixes that they own, DV will stick with reissuing Quadraphonic mixes owned by Sony Music, and that would mean no Steely Dan Quadraphonic reissues from DV.

Unless Dutton Vocalion enter into an agreement with Universal Music to start reissuing Quadraphonic mixes that they own, DV will stick with reissuing Quadraphonic mixes owned by Sony Music, and that would mean no Steely Dan Quadraphonic reissues from DV.

D-V have a longstanding working relationship with Universal, that's where the release of the Ray Davies, Paul Mauriat and Swingle Singers quad mixes came from.

Getting worried. Hoping that there will be more releases before too long.

18bac5f5d95de95636636691e678acacc728278561be45ba6d024d8d1872a903.jpg

D-V have a longstanding working relationship with Universal, that's where the release of the Ray Davies, Paul Mauriat and Swingle Singers quad mixes came from.

I guess more of the issue then would be the supposed lack of actual Quadraphonic masters that Universal still have in their possession. From what I have heard, they are not nearly as organized as Sony and Warner Music are, but if the Quadraphonic master tapes still exist, I once again will suggest that DV reissue “Blue Jays” from Moody Blues men Justin Hayward & John Lodge.
If they did, I would probably buy more than one copy!

:)

SOON

Have only recently arrived here but if Steely Dan is not forthcoming, i respectfully suggest That Mr 'steelydave', provider of inside scoop D-V info, change his moniker to something like DaveSwingle :)

Big shout out to Toronto where i lived for 20 years, went back last December / January and it was co-F-ld

Getting worried. Hoping that there will be more releases before too long.

18bac5f5d95de95636636691e678acacc728278561be45ba6d024d8d1872a903.jpg

Re: Paul Mauriat I checked but couldn’t determine if DV released anything with “Love is Blue” on it. Would love that track (and would buy an entire album to obtain of course).

maybe it's the Quad of this that's upcoming from DV...!!!?!? :ROFLMAO:

MichaelOmartian-WhiteHorse.jpg

i should add, this wasn't just my usual half-assed attempt at humour, i'm sure QQ-ers know there's a sample from this Michael Omartian album mixed in Quad on the Koss 4-ch headphone sampler LP.. i don't know if the whole thing exists in Quad but not totally beyond the possibility of seeing release in Quad in its entirety someday maybe I guess.. hopefully an announcement from DV on the next bitchin' batch will be forthcoming.. soon!! :)

Re: Paul Mauriat I checked but couldn’t determine if DV released anything with “Love is Blue” on it. Would love that track (and would buy an entire album to obtain of course).

No. But the Paul Mauriat Surround SACD two-fer does have a Surround version of Anna's Song (Track 14). Very nice.

4607k.jpg

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDLK4607
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/paul-mauriat-penelope-holidays-sacd.23521/

i should add, this wasn't just my usual half-assed attempt at humour, i'm sure QQ-ers know there's a sample from this Michael Omartian album mixed in Quad on the Koss 4-ch headphone sampler LP.. i don't know if the whole thing exists in Quad but not totally beyond the possibility of seeing release in Quad in its entirety someday maybe I guess.. hopefully an announcement from DV on the next bitchin' batch will be forthcoming.. soon!! :)

According to the Quadraphonic Discography, NO Michael Omartian LPs were ever released in surround. The track you're referring to, Adam, was probably commissioned for the Koss 4~channel Sampler.

But from Dave's message SOON, I'm hoping for some real barn busters this time from the folks at D~V, as I'm sure we ALL are!

And from the looks of that beautiful white Horse forlornly staring out the window of that ominous brick building: Just hope it's NOT a glue factory!:eek:

Or, if QQers are not happy with D~V's latest Pop/Rock/Jazz/Easy Listening QUAD SACDs, a word of advice: Never look a Gift Horse in the Mouth! Be thankful for what you get!

Last edited:
Back