Quad Mix of The Electric Light Orchestra on DVD-V?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely agreed. If you know what artists to look for (consult Mark Anderson's quad discography, you might end up finding some good ones. I find that record store owners usually know of quad, so it never hurts to ask.

The best are the rare stores that actually have dedicated quad bins, but alas those are far and few between.

Quite right, I forgot to mention Mark's discography (incredible resource for collectors). Being low-tech, I have a hardcopy of it in a 3-ring binder that goes with me on all record picking adventures.

Asking an owner if they've got any quads can pay off. I've got a store in western Massachusetts where that came up. The owner remembered a box marked "quads" and "classical" and pulled it out for me, only to find a few inches of near mint, still in the shrink Columbia SQ and Nonesuch CD-4 classical LP's, and a few pop albums. I will be headed back this weekend to buy the remaining lot.

Dedicated quad bins are few and far between. A shop in Portland, ME said they used to have one, but that someone came in and bought it out one day. I came across a store in Salt Lake City (Randy's Records) that had a small one, when I overheard another customer mentioning "checking the quads bin". That store is also worth noting for it's periodic 2-day, $2 record sales, which I've come out of with many quads and I've anecdotally heard said that the owner will mix some collectible LP's into the selection. And finally, the grand-daddy of quad bins goes to Wax Trax in Las Vegas, NV. Unfortunately, nothing is priced in the store: you have to bring everything to the owner for the current price. It does not make strategic buying very friendly when you only have x-amount of money to spend, and feel awkward to keep asking for pricing on this, and pricing on that.

Wax Trax quad bin.jpg

But, I realize we've kind of derailed from the original topic with our advice...:LOL:

Never have found this post if I didnt regularly check for new ones.
Saw ELO and thought hello, is there a new release in quad that's passed me by, sadly not.
To have my all time favourite group ELO, release all those , treasured, albums in surround, would make my day.
Unfortunately, Jeff is not interested in going down the surround route.
I have asked around with folk connected with him and they politely state it's not going to happen.
Just have to make do with my SpecWeb up-mixes, then.
Although I am going to try recording them via the SM2 to check out its mix.
Got 'Mr Blue Sky' in abundance here today.šŸ˜Ž

Back