Robert Reed & Friends - Sanctuary Live at Newbury CD+BD-V (5/3/2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

Pre-order links are up for May 3 release date (BTW, note that it’s a Bandcamp Friday today):
https://www.tigermothshop.co.uk/sto...ve-at-Newbury-Blu-ray-CD-pre-order-p644423212
https://robertreed.bandcamp.com/album/sanctuary-live-at-newbury-2023
https://justforkicks.de/shop/progressive/17420/sanctuary-live-at-newbury-2023-bluray-cd
The concert features music from the first three Sanctuary CDs, the recent Ringmaster albums and much more.
Robert has put together, yet again, an amazing collection of talented musicians. This 10 piece band is joined by special guests Tom Newman (Tubular Bells Producer) and Les Penning (Ommadawn/In Dulce Jubilo).

Robert Reed:
“I’m really excited to finally be releasing a Blu-ray concert. I’m really proud of all the DVDs that I’ve released over the years but the clarity of Blu-ray takes the visual experience to a whole new level. I’m fortunate to have an amazing group of talented people at my disposal, both musically and cinematographically, and they all came together perfectly at the Arlington Arts Centre last May to ensure a fabulous product was captured for prosperity. I tried to choose a perfect balance from not just the Sanctuary and Ringmaster albums but also from some of the previously released EPs like Willow’s Song and Doctor Who, the latter of which was a lot of fun with the theatrics of both Les Penning and Tom Newman.
I’m extremely happy with the finished result and to perform again to such an enthusiastic audience was such a thrill. I wish we could do it more often but it’s such a challenging and complex undertaking that makes it impractical on many levels; I guess that makes it more special”.
The concert was shot in 4K and presented in HD on a region free Blu-ray. Stereo and 5.1 DTS Digital Surround
Comes with a Robert Reed signed postcard (Tigermoth orders, while stocks last)
Due to the high production costs of Blu-rays, only a limited number have been produced and are expected to sell out pretty quickly.
Blu-ray track listing
Sanctuary 1 Part One
Albatross
Swan Feathered Girl
Rio Grande
Marimba
Salzburg
Dr Who
Mr Penning Standing Blue
Sanctuary Jig
Sendlinger‘s Song
Sanctuary 2 Part One
Willow’s Song

The Band
Robert Reed: guitar/keyboard
Chris Fry: acoustic/classical and electric guitar
Ryan Elliot: electric and acoustic guitar
Nigel Hopkins: piano
Dan Nelson: bass
Jiffy Griffiths: drums
Simon Brittlebank: percussion
Angharad Brinn: lead vocals
Christina Booth/Kirstie Roberts: chant vocals
Special guests
Les Penning: recorders and narration
Tom Newman: bodhran and megaphone
1712306971446.png

I've just sat through this totally brilliant show, again.

I was mesmerized when I saw it live and I'm mesmerised again.

To listen and watch these fantastic musicians and singers makes my heart leap with total joy.

Don't expect an immersive sound mix on the lines of his studio releases.
But the sound recording and video work is utterly brilliant.

I can say this without hesitation, Robert Reed is one very talented musician and he surrounds himself with like minded folk.
I feel honoured to have been there with my son, who had never heard his music before.
He was completely gobsmacked.

I have a warm smile from ear to ear.

Back