• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Chris Squire "Fish Out Of Water" 5.1 mix to be released April 2018!

Scott M4

300 Club - QQ All Star
Sigh... I've been waiting so long for this. Paying for unwanted vinyl while the precious 5.1 is slipped into a cut in the cardboard was not what I imagined though.
I will probably go for it but I'll be one of those counting on my QQ buds for a 5.1 review and clues for the best prices. <3

4-earredwonder

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I'm like you on this one vinyl in and I'm out.
I don't need vinyl CD and DVD and vinyl should not be mixed
The best price so far I've found is $66.42 from US ImportCD but I'm in agreement: Just want the 5.1 and again, it's lossy DTS 5.1 [the Stereo remix on the DVD~V is LOSSLESS 96/24......does that make sense????]

https://www.importcds.com/chris-squire-fish-out-of-water/5013929472044

AmazonUS pre~order price https://www.amazon.com/Fish-Out-Wat...eywords=chris+squire+fish+out+of+water+deluxe

Last edited:

rusinurbe

IMO, We wouldn't be so keen to get the 5.1 if we didn't already own the vinyl.
Don't own it already just don't want the vinyl so will not buy Squire Estate looses out on a sale because of a stupid decision.

Happy for the fans of the album but feel sure that there will be many who pass either because they only want the vinyl or the 5.1 but not both

4-earredwonder

Soooo. now that I can slowly afford this..is the Import CDs offer the best???
Yep, Kap, looks like Import CD has the best deal.

I'll pass on this for now hoping that down the road it'll come WAY down in price as I really don't want the vinyl.

Would be marvelous if this had a stand alone BD~A release.......but doubtful on that front. They'd sure sell a helluva lot more.

kap'n krunch

organ of Corti junkie
Yep, Kap, looks like Import CD has the best deal.

I'll pass on this for now hoping that down the road it'll come WAY down in price as I really don't want the vinyl.

Would be marvelous if this had a stand alone BD~A release.......but doubtful on that front. They'd sure sell a helluva lot more.
Well, then, I'll wait for the price to come down then!
Yeah, I know...what's the use of the vinyl??? We WANT the MCH BECAUSE we have the vinyl!!!!

kap'n krunch

organ of Corti junkie
Yes, it's Cherry Red (https://www.cherryred.co.uk/).

My copy is on the way, but has been stuck in "Your item cleared United States Customs at 4:41 pm on April 6, 2018" state for several days, at least according to the USPS Tracking website.
Obviously, the like is for the info...now, an unlike for it being stopped..hope you don't have to pay...tell us if you do!!!