DPL-2 or Neo6 Emulation Scripts for Adobe Audition?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wunlow

Since 2002/2003
Given the rave reviews of the Adobe Audition SQ scripts, I was curious if anyone has made any attempts at making Dolby Pro Logic 2 or Neo6 emulation scripts for Audition as well?

DPL II decoding requires the correct decoder to function - there are simply too many variables for this to go in a script IMHO. Maybe I am wrong, but I honestly don't think so.
Why bother with a script when you can simply dial up one of the many DPL II decoder options in the amplifiers?
There are the following options:
DPL
Matrix (These are pretty much the same thing, with DPL/Matrix essentially being LCRS type de/encoding with monophonic rears)
Movie (More aggressive routing to centre channel than Music)
Music

>> Why bother with a script when you can simply dial up one of the many DPL II decoder options in the amplifiers? <<

For purposes of upmixing, then tweaking on each wav file further in post production.

>> Why bother with a script when you can simply dial up one of the many DPL II decoder options in the amplifiers? <<

For purposes of upmixing, then tweaking on each wav file further in post production.

Life is too short.....at least for me.
Plus if I want to upmix, I ain't starting off with DPL II. I'll run my own extractions, thank you very much.

Besides - the AA scripts are for decoding a quadraphonic Matrix. NOT upmixing.....that's a completely different thing altogether.

Back