• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

SPOTLIGHT Gene Clark "No Other" (New 5.1 surround mix on Blu-Ray and SACD)

milt

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Just cracked mine open & whew.
Perfect condition.
Wow, what an exquisite set.

I was a bit hesitant ordering this but I equate it to a fine dining experience or VIP tickets to a favorite concert.
Expensive? Yes.
Worth it? Yes.

Thank you Neil & 4AD.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Noooooo!

Opened the box and the inside of box set is badly damaged!! How does this happen???!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a prompt reply back from 4AD today! They are mailing me a new, bottom box!! So, anyone with a similarly damaged box, email them and you'll get a replacement box. Yippie!!!

svengaleekie

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
I just ordered The Band 50th box after listening on you tube and fired up QQ to see what chatter there was about it, then saw the post about the Gene Clark and listening to it on the tube I'm really enjoying the music, I'm not going to get the box set though, but if it ever came out as a Blu-ray or SACD I would definately go for it.

skherbeck

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Got my set today... and the bottom box is damaged/torn :(

...hopefully they send me a replacement.

esimms86

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Received mine today in less than perfect shape but, to my perspective, acceptable shape. I agree that the box is a flawed design. All that aside, the content is brilliant and the music is a home run. Money well spent.

bnyhof

Since 2002/2003
Reaction score
Received this today and unfortunately another severely cracked box. The contents seem too heavy for the box structure. At least the important stuff seems in good condition.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Wow, this is all too bad. So many damaged bottom lids. Ugh....

halbroome

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Mine came yesterday -- haven't opened yet (saving for Thanksgiving holiday). Looks great on the outside (the two floppy disc singles were separate).

As long as none of the actual non-box contents were damaged, I'll be ok. Maybe the undamaged sets will get premium price on resale :devilish:.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Mine came yesterday -- haven't opened yet (saving for Thanksgiving holiday). Looks great on the outside (the two floppy disc singles were separate).

As long as none of the actual non-box contents were damaged, I'll be ok. Maybe the undamaged sets will get premium price on resale :devilish:.
Mine will "become" undamaged", once I receive my new box.....which they sent.

skherbeck

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Received this today and unfortunately another severely cracked box. The contents seem too heavy for the box structure. At least the important stuff seems in good condition.
I contacted the supplier about my damaged Gene Clark box and they said they’re sold out of the set and could either give me a refund or try to replace the box; I said I’d prefer the box and they said they are placing an order for more boxes from the manufacturer and it will take a month.

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
I contacted the supplier and they said they’re sold out of the set and could either give me a refund or try to replace the box; I said I’d prefer the box and they said they are placing an order for more boxes from the manufacturer and it will take a month.
Wrong thread!

markshan

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score

Floppy disc?