Let's see yer discs! Show us your DVD-Video discs with 5.1 surround music on them!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredblue

Surroundophile Extraordinaire
QQ Supporter
hello again my friends to the QQ show that never ends!

along similar lines to the SACD, DVD-Audio and DTS-CD threads we have here, here is one devoted to DVD-Video releases where the focus is on the music being in surround sound.
i'll start off with a pic or 12 but then the floor is all yours! :51QQ

i'd like to start things off with what i personally consider to be the gold standard, the creme de la crème, the benchmark by which all other DVD-Video Surround releases should aspire (imho)... the Steven Wilson Jethro Tull sets!

ps. (I added in the Aqualung big-a$$ set plus a couple of Ian Anderson solo project 5.1's, "I hope you don't mind"..)

9JlpeOR.jpeg

d64n2H5.jpeg

Universal and others have issued a steady trickle of 5.1 music DVD-Video releases in the years since the "SACD Vs. DVD-Audio" format wars.. including numerous Mike Oldfield & Steve Hackett 5.1’s plus DVD-V releases from Cherry Red/Esoteric, etc..

9xmyzYu.jpeg

34FBVvE.jpeg

The Ray Thomas autograph is way cool!

oh it is rather nifty but sadly its not made out to little old me but someone called Dai i think!? i bought it (used) like that.. afaik he was signing copies at an event or something but don't know for sure as item came without any provenance. ahh.. gone but not forgotten!

Adam did not leave alot of blank space for the rest of us punters - but here are a few more;

779b9b0531116f695ccef9915352d070.jpg

804162c0795c714cb2b252a03540ccda.jpg

9ee80fa30063ed2f6a079098638d07ec.jpg

5e8adc59cb1d0b10331ab82199f5a3a5.jpg

ooh!! no way! :p

there's hundreds and hundreds (+++!) of surround music discs across all the formats still left for everyone to post! (i've far from everything by any means anyway! the quest continues!)

How is the sound on the Yazoo IN YOUR ROOM? I love UPSTAIRS AT ERIC'S :love:

Probably only available at outrageous prices now, sigh.

hiya! sorry i don't recall, its been years since i played it.
that is no indicator of its quality necessarily, just there's been rather a lot of new stuff the last few years relative to when I was picking up things like the Yazoo so some gems have got lost in the piles! i'll check later and let you know how i get on :)

Back