stats

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brent

300 Club - QQ All-Star
not sure if anyone is interested but.....
one of the really good things about internet radio is the server give the station real time stats -
not just how many people listen, but which service they are using and which device they are
listening on. Personally, I only care about how many people listen. I can't give all the details
as they are proprietary (go figure) but I only promote the Monday night show on this forum,
and on 3 face book groups - and of course on my regular Sunday show.
This past Sunday was my 11th LP Lounge show, and I happy to say the numbers have gone
generally up each week - twice out performing my regular show (that's been on for 14 years).

Here, of course, I highlight the quad element of the program, but the station promotes it only
as a vinyl/LP format - which makes sense as it's more general interest. I naturally want to keep
the quad alive.

Some of the feedback (emails) I get after the shows ask specifically about quad, why it died,
is it coming back, you know - all the regular questions - but it tells me there's the potential for
interest in folks who never had any idea about it, and the more people who are interested (as
long as they are in the right demo) - the greater the chance the vaults might open, and that
new recordings might surface.

So far the best week I had was 23,000+ listeners; all formats, all regions, with at least 90%
dedication - that is - at least 90% of those who listened did so from beginning to end (or is
it, everyone who listened did so for at least 90% of the show - I still can't figure that out)

Just wanted to share that info - 23k may not be earth shattering - but it's pretty good for
a little internet radio show, featuring quad LPs - hosted by someone that no one has ever
heard of:)

I think you illustrate an interesting point...there are people who have never even heard of quad..weren't even born yet...so any exposure to it might tweak some interest in this age group:cool:

Back