The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sour time, and it's Steel Bender Brewyard "Mango Dynamite" kettle sour (6.1% abv, 5 ibu). They've got their basic sour recipe down pat, always very very good, and now experiment with different fruits to flavor it with.
Steel-Bender-Mango-Dynamite-Kettle-Sour.jpg

Where have I been, didn't realize QQ had a brew section. We were car camping in Cuyamaca Rancho State Park last week (a campfire every night) and had a chance to enjoy a few local beers. The Julian Beer Co. had a nice selection on tap and good food. Should have taken some photos.

Sharing time, with Mrs D, her mom, and one of the daughters....Turtle Mountain "Yum Yum Breeze (5.0% abv, 20 ibu). It's a very nice and tart kettle sour with blood orange and tangerine.
Turtle-Mtn-Yum-Yum-Breeze-Sour.jpg

One of these days...I'm gonna have to check out one of those sours.......just the name "sour" makes me run the other way....but I need to at least try.

One of these days...I'm gonna have to check out one of those sours.......just the name "sour" makes me run the other way....but I need to at least try.

First time I tried one I couldn't finish it, just didn't seem right, didn't taste like "beer" but it grew on me really fast.

Things getting hazy now - Tractor Brewing (getplowed.com - love that url) "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" hazy IPA (7.0% abv, 58 ibu). Not the best NEIPA I've had but a good B+, just needs a little more body to give it that missing "oomph."
Tractor-Foggy-Mtn-Breakdown-Hazy-IPA.jpg

Reactions: GOS
Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Vanilla Stout. Picture is too big to post, but you have all seen solid black before.
This is like Nillla Wafers had a baby with a regular BCS. Wow!
I know Goose Island sold out to the enemy but there is a reason this brand is still well regarded.

I know Goose Island sold out to the enemy but there is a reason this brand is still well regarded.

Very much like Ballast Point - bought by a major company but they had the sense to leave a good thing in the hands of the people that made it good...hope they just remember that going forward.

As usual, started with a share with Mrs D, though instead of the sour we have a 32oz growler of Tractor Brewing "Cowboy Coffee" pale stout.
Tractor-Cowboy-Coffee-Pale-Stout.jpg

And now, something pretty different....La Cumbre "Boysen the Brut" - a brut IPA with boysenberry added. Takes a few tastes to get the nuance of the brew but it's pretty good.
La-Cumbre-Boyzen-The-Brut-IPA.jpg

Home-brew...Belgian strong tripel...a little on the potent side (have yet to do the specs on it)
BDBC-Belgian-Tripel.jpg

Reactions: GOS
I went out to get a growler or growler today, not sure where I would end up or come home with....turns out it was Canteen Brewhouse "Tuttle" IPA (7.7% abv, 60 ibu). Not an over the top hop-bomb, and this years batch has a bit more citrus than last, but still gives a little piney dank bite on the finish. Also got another crowler with a sour....maybe tomorrow for that one.
Canteen-Tuttle-IPA.jpg

Back