The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta have my hop-fix, and this time it's Boxing Bear "AlbuMurky" hazy NEIPA (6.8% abv, ibu n/l).
Boxing-Bear-Albu-Murky-NEIPA.jpg

Had another Blood Orange Gose from Anderson Valley over the weekend. Such a nice beer. All their Goses are excellent. Also, one of the Trader Joes Maibocks. They really do a good job of making German beers that are straight up the middle and on style. I've said I could teach a course on German beer using their stuff as examples.

Also, one of the Trader Joes Maibocks. They really do a good job of making German beers that are straight up the middle and on style. I've said I could teach a course on German beer using their stuff as examples.
Their Weißbiers, along with Sierra Nevada Kellerweiß, are the closest in flavor profile to the real German stuff I have found from the U.S.

Exactly. And their Doppelbock, their Vienna Lager. I think they even have like an Alt and/or a Kölsch.

I don't know. I hate most IPAs so I haven't tried it. I was referring mostly to their mastery of German(ic) style beers.

Also yeah Sam Adams merging with Dogfish Head. Sam Adams is mostly garbage, so I am worried this is the end of DFH, which is the opposite. Amazing beer. I will watch this with great trepidation.

I don't know. I hate most IPAs so I haven't tried it. I was referring mostly to their mastery of German(ic) style beers.

Also yeah Sam Adams merging with Dogfish Head. Sam Adams is mostly garbage, so I am worried this is the end of DFH, which is the opposite. Amazing beer. I will watch this with great trepidation.
Totally agree on a great brewery like Dogfish Head getting pulled down to the ‘common’ ranks. Grrrr!

Hopefully they know enough to let the DFH people keep on doing what they do, and look at it more as an investment, like what happened with Ballast Point - the buyers let it be known they were not going to mess with a good thing.

Enjoying an Ayinger Frühlingsbier, a well balanced kellerbier in the German school. This brewey may not be the most experimenting one, but damn the balance and quality in their catalogue is impressive. Oh, I'm having this to the Weather Report - Tale Spinnin' Quad. Both are delicate, somewhat complex, yet very digestable!

Just home from grandson's soccer tournament - his team are champs for their age group (under 11) and he's got another medal for his growing collection (he's got a few from chess tournaments too)...great job little dude! So why not celebrate with a brew....another can of Bosque Brewing "Spacelion" IPA (6.7% abv, 65 ibu)
Bosque-Spacelion-IPA.jpg

Took a trip to the coast this past weekend and visited both Buoy and Fort George. Such great beers at both. I had to get a sampler tray at Buoy to try everything I wanted.

Back