• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Hurriganes - Roadrunner SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, thanks! I'd be a small fish for that alone, together with some hundred QQ members would be a hot shot :sun .

Email sent:

Hi,

I'm a surround music fan and an SACD collector. I wonder if you are planning to re-release the Hurriganes - Roadrunner SACD in any format supporting hi-res multichannel audio (SACD, DVD-A, BD-A, multichannel DSD or FLAC download). I'd pay a good money for this re-released album. Thanks in advance.

Best regads,

Splendid! BTW this was released 9/28/07 and it's the solely SACD title by the Love Records... Well, fingers crossed!

Nope, never seen it... Actually, my expectations remain quite reserved. Sure, I know I've felt like that before I heard Ace of Spades...:)

Nope, never seen it... Actually, my expectations remain quite reserved. Sure, I know I've felt like that before I heard Ace of Spades...:)

I hear ya :) It just seems so strange that this one never comes up on eBay or Amazon.. at one time or another I have seen almost everything else that's rare on SACD come up for sale (that actually exists! a few are seemingly just vapourware.. Will Tura w/Symphonic orchestra.. has anybody seen that one in the flesh ever?)

Scans made of my open Hurriganes before I sold it.

hurriganes-roadrunner-front.jpghurriganes-road-backR.jpg

I am in a mess, I have (2) friends here in a bidding war and (2) other friends wanting to climb in the ring. In the name of friendship and peace I withdraw my offer to sell my sealed Hurriganes - Roadrunner and Scorpions - Moment Of Glory SACD's before this gets out of hand. I never intended to create this monster or hurt anyone's feelings.

Oh dear.. :eek: ..and I never even got to put in an offer!

"Friends first, SACDs second" :brew :friday:
(wives and spouses third?) :spot

..and where does the Mother-in-Law fit into it all..? :fly:

I am in a mess, I have (2) friends here in a bidding war and (2) other friends wanting to climb in the ring. In the name of friendship and peace I withdraw my offer to sell my sealed Hurriganes - Roadrunner and Scorpions - Moment Of Glory SACD's before this gets out of hand. I never intended to create this monster or hurt anyone's feelings.
That's what happens when limited supply meets excess demand. Good luck to you.

Well ... since I don't know anyone here now, mine is up for grabs. If you are interested, please make an offer.
I have no price in mind, so it makes no sense to ask me how much I am selling it for.
If you are outside of Canada or the USA, please suggest a method of payment. Sorry, no PayPal.

Let me get this straight..
byrdman7 has two friends fighting over their disc with two others apparently in the offing..
and Quadzilla has one interested party..
and you're both bowing out?

Personally I've held back to consider just how much I want to pay for it.. something of an unknown quantity (I mean, can anybody who actually owns it say how the surround mix and sound quality are, for instance? there aren't any rips of this one out there as far as I can see?).

I'll put an initial offer on the table of £50 (whatever that equates to in $$) if either byrdman7 or Quadzilla is in fact still interested in selling their copy?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like to haggle ... in fact, I refuse to haggle. Maybe it is cultural, I don't know.
I have now received two "initial" offers, both in foreign currency, and I have no idea how to accept payment for either.
THAT is why I dropped out. I don't like to say 'no overseas buyers' ... not 'bidders', but 'buyers' ... but I can't be the only one who hates PayPal.

For the record though, it is a fun disk. The surround mix is pretty cool, and the music is down-to-earth retro rock and roll.

Back