The Rascals: "It’s Wonderful: The Complete Atlantic Studio Recordings", 7CD Box Set (5/31/2024-Now Sounds/Cherry Red UK)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5.1 4 Life

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Description from Now Sounds/Cherry Red UK:

• The group’s entire Atlantic Records output 1965-1971.

• 152 carefully remastered tracks across seven compact discs.

• The first four albums presented in both stereo and mono, along with significant single edits and foreign language versions.

• For the first time on any Rascals re-issue, 14 previously unreleased tracks.

• 60-page booklet with detailed notes and rare illustrations from The Rascals Archives.

In the mid-1960s, the Rascals fused the best of rock and soul with memorable hits like ‘Good Lovin’’ and ‘I Ain’t Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore”, and they remain the most beloved of acts of that era. The electrifying quartet of Felix Cavaliere, Eddie Brigati, Gene Cornish and Dino Danelli defined the term blue-eyed soul. As the hits mounted up, the group expanded their musical horizons and revealed a powerful songcraft with introspective originals ‘Groovin’ and ‘How Can I Be Sure,’ future standards both. And their 1968 smashes ‘A Beautiful Morning’ and ‘People Got To Be Free’ remain among the greatest celebrations of peace and harmony ever cut to disc.

Although the Rascals are principally remembered for their singles, their albums were also studded with gems, and showcased not just their signature rock and R&B styles but also a progressive exploration of jazz, Eastern modes, psychedelia and other diverse styles. This set presents the full complement of their cornerstone Atlantic recordings, featuring the band’s seven LPs for the label —the first four in both mono and stereo variations—along with assorted non-LP singles, foreign language versions and, for the very first time on a Rascals reissue, 14 previously unreleased tracks.

‘It’s Wonderful’ is the definitive compendium of the group’s first five years 1965-1970, charting their growth from New York club band to international superstars. Compiled and suitably remastered by Alec Palao, this major refurbishment of their catalogue leaves no stone unturned. A nearly 10,000-word essay by Richie Unterberger provides an in-depth account of their career, and is supplanted by an extensive session history and copious illustrations from the Rascals Archives. All housed in a deluxe, handsomely appointed box art directed and designed by Steve Stanley.

Click below for more details and to pre-order this collection:
https://www.cherryred.co.uk/the-ras...plete-atlantic-studio-recordings-7cd-box-sets

1711357319968.png

Description from Now Sounds/Cherry Red UK:

• The group’s entire Atlantic Records output 1965-1971.

• 152 carefully remastered tracks across seven compact discs.

• The first four albums presented in both stereo and mono, along with significant single edits and foreign language versions.

• For the first time on any Rascals re-issue, 14 previously unreleased tracks.

• 60-page booklet with detailed notes and rare illustrations from The Rascals Archives.

In the mid-1960s, the Rascals fused the best of rock and soul with memorable hits like ‘Good Lovin’’ and ‘I Ain’t Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore”, and they remain the most beloved of acts of that era. The electrifying quartet of Felix Cavaliere, Eddie Brigati, Gene Cornish and Dino Danelli defined the term blue-eyed soul. As the hits mounted up, the group expanded their musical horizons and revealed a powerful songcraft with introspective originals ‘Groovin’ and ‘How Can I Be Sure,’ future standards both. And their 1968 smashes ‘A Beautiful Morning’ and ‘People Got To Be Free’ remain among the greatest celebrations of peace and harmony ever cut to disc.

Although the Rascals are principally remembered for their singles, their albums were also studded with gems, and showcased not just their signature rock and R&B styles but also a progressive exploration of jazz, Eastern modes, psychedelia and other diverse styles. This set presents the full complement of their cornerstone Atlantic recordings, featuring the band’s seven LPs for the label —the first four in both mono and stereo variations—along with assorted non-LP singles, foreign language versions and, for the very first time on a Rascals reissue, 14 previously unreleased tracks.

‘It’s Wonderful’ is the definitive compendium of the group’s first five years 1965-1970, charting their growth from New York club band to international superstars. Compiled and suitably remastered by Alec Palao, this major refurbishment of their catalogue leaves no stone unturned. A nearly 10,000-word essay by Richie Unterberger provides an in-depth account of their career, and is supplanted by an extensive session history and copious illustrations from the Rascals Archives. All housed in a deluxe, handsomely appointed box art directed and designed by Steve Stanley.

Click below for more details and to pre-order this collection:
https://www.cherryred.co.uk/the-ras...plete-atlantic-studio-recordings-7cd-box-sets

View attachment 103803

I might actually want to order this. Sounds like a nice set.

After being forced to reactivate my account, I tried to order it. I got all the way through to the end and clicked "Place Order", got the little rotating wheel, but it came back to the previous screen with no errors, tried it again, and got the same response. So then I tried a different browser, and same thing. It won't let me order it! And Amazon's not showing it yet.

After being forced to reactivate my account, I tried to order it. I got all the way through to the end and clicked "Place Order", got the little rotating wheel, but it came back to the previous screen with no errors, tried it again, and got the same response. So then I tried a different browser, and same thing. It won't let me order it! And Amazon's not showing it yet.
They seem to have done a website update and switched payment providers etc. (all previous orders have vanished on the account page so its does seem like a major change) so I had to re-register my account to get the Howard Jones, then it worked with PayPal.

They seem to have done a website update and switched payment providers etc. (all previous orders have vanished on the account page so its does seem like a major change) so I had to re-register my account to get the Howard Jones, then it worked with PayPal.
same for me. I had to start a new account.

Thank you for your email. We are currently experiencing problems with receiving orders on our website. We are currently in the process of resolving the issue, however, we just want to assure that we will be refunding orders as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

This will also affect the captcha situation. Please hold off on ordering whilst we work on resolving this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Kind Regards
Cherry Red Records

Back