You won't see me this Saturday in the park!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I was futzing around at my piano the other day, and decided to learn the intro to "Saturday in the Park" (Chicago), because that's a great intro. So I tried the chords, figured out where and how they fit together, and got it down pretty good. I then started thinking - "This sounds a lot like the Beatles song "You Won't See Me". So I tried that, and they are very similar, not exact, but try this next time you hear the "Saturday In The Park" intro.

Sing along to those intro chords "When I call you up you're line's engaged....."

Am I grasping here?

I was futzing around at my piano the other day, and decided to learn the intro to "Saturday in the Park" (Chicago), because that's a great intro. So I tried the chords, figured out where and how they fit together, and got it down pretty good. I then started thinking - "This sounds a lot like the Beatles song "You Won't See Me". So I tried that, and they are very similar, not exact, but try this next time you hear the "Saturday In The Park" intro.

Sing along to those intro chords "When I call you up you're line's engaged....."

Am I grasping here?
I hear the similarity, and apparently there are several other songs as well.

Back