Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Machine Head, Deep Purple: Full album released now.
MMM
This an OK mix, lots of swirling organ and guitar in the surrounds. A little weak in the SB speakers on some songs but nice output in the heights. Pity the BD is buried in a rather expensive box, hoping for a standalone BD or AM will have to do for me. :)

Hiatus Kaiyote!

From their Wikipedia page:
The band released their debut album Tawk Tomahawk independently in April 2012. The record is musically eclectic, with songs that incorporate genres from across the musical spectrum including ambient music, rock, psychedelia, lounge music and jazz. It was noticed by numerous musicians including Animal Collective and Dirty Projectors, and the band later received public endorsements from Erykah Badu, Questlove, and Prince, who urged their social media followers to explore the band's music. In early 2013, Gilles Peterson named them the Breakthrough Artists of the Year at his Worldwide Music Awards in London . . . Starting in 2016, prominent rap and R&B artists began sampling Hiatus Kaiyote songs, starting with Anderson .Paak's sample of "Molasses" in "Without You" on his album Malibu. The following year, Kendrick Lamar sampled "Atari" in "Duckworth" from his album Damn, and Drake sampled "Building a Ladder" on the song "Free Smoke" from his playlist More Life. In 2018, Beyonce and Jay-Z sampled "The World It Softly Lulls" in "713" from their album Everything Is Love.

Last edited:
A little bit of Atmos in my life
A little bit of Atmos by my side
A little bit of Atmos all I need
A little bit of Atmos what I see
A little bit of Atmos in the sun
A little bit of Atmos all night long
A little bit of Atmos , here I am ;)

Ohh nice. I bought that single CD when it came out! The b-sides are pretty good in their own right. Anybody find this on TIDAL? Doesn't look like it's there...

Back