HiRez Poll Morissette, Alanis - JAGGED LITTLE PILL [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Alanis Morissette - JAGGED LITTLE PILL

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
One thing that I've never quite liked about the stereo version of Jagged Little Pill is the perceived 'dense center' on many songs. While there really isn't much compression, that dense center is typical of many stereo recordings, and I don't like the way they upmix to surround. Consequently, I prefer the acoustic version of this stereo album.

However with this Atmos mix, I find that they have done a really nice job spreading the guitars (and everything else) around the sound field thus making the album a more listenable surround sound experience. I'm very pleased with it.

All I can find about the people involved with the Atmos remix is that it is credited to Dolby Studios. I wonder who actually made the mix.

Highly recommended.

Last edited:
I turned off the lights yesterday, sat on my sofa and played this blu-ray in Atmos and I was really stunned. I felt like Alanis was standing in front of me.So crystal clear vocal coming out from the center speaker plus much more details can be heard than on stereo album. Highly recommended.

Great to have this in Atmos! I love listening to these songs again on my 4.1.4 system. You Learn and Ironic sound superb, I totally love it!!! The vocals and guitars sound marvelous on all songs, indeed very revealing. The drums and bass sometimes sound a little less powerful than I would have liked, a little overpowered by the vocals sometimes. I'm not ready to vote yet, but this is certainly a very exciting release!

Back