SPOTLIGHT Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1972-1975) (Quadio Boxed Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless things are messed up, we at least know at a bare minimum what the ATMOS will sound like because it has been available streaming for over a year. Hopefully it will sound even better benefitted by a higher bit rate.
The higher bit rate isn't the be all and end all, it's just that it allows the Atmos stream to be lossless. I'd take a lossless 16/44.1 CD quality any day over lossy 24/96, and lossy 24/96 is being pushed at us by some streaming services.

The higher bit rate isn't the be all and end all, it's just that it allows the Atmos stream to be lossless. I'd take a lossless 16/44.1 CD quality any day over lossy 24/96, and lossy 24/96 is being pushed at us by some streaming services.

All atmos is 24/48 though, regardless of whether it's lossy DD+ or lossless TrueHD. No matter how efficient the lossy codec is, there's an absolute undeniable audible difference between 768kbps lossy DD+ and TrueHD Atmos, which is in the region of 5 megabits (which is in the region of 7-8x more data). Put your ear up to a height speaker in a lossy Atmos streaming release and you'll often hear the same burbling compression artifacts that plagued early low bitrate mp3's of the '90s and early '00s - just by virtue of removing that deficiency with lossless you're seeing a huge increase in quality.

I wonder if @ForagingRhino can comment on the previously unreleased, 70s-vintage, quad mix of the live album MILES OF AISLES: How are the rear speakers used? Instruments or audience/ambience?

I hope it is Instruments: my brain can handle the 'unrealistic' concept of sitting in the middle of the band, and I don't go to concerts to hear audience and echo.

And if you have the same problem May 3rd (next quadio release) you could add this and make your Joni Mitchell set really complete.
View attachment 104561
Wow I can't believe that stereo LP's cost more than Blu-Rays with digital ATMOS and QUAD on them. I'm glad that I got rid of my turntable a long time ago.

Ordered!

Is it too early to ask Monsieurs Caillat, Trelby & Botnick to start working on a Warren Zevon The Asylum Albums (1976 - 1982) box set? Or should we let them do Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1976 - 1979) first? Decisions, decisions..... What an amazing time to be a surround enthusiast! @ForagingRhino , thank you so much for all your efforts in bringing this to fruition!

:51QQ

Panicked that I might be too late when I saw there were 4 pages of entries, but successfully ordered. And thanks for the discount code info.

Then added Seal Deluxe Edition to get to the free shipping level, but the discount apparently brought it below the $100 threshold, so I found (after much perusing) a $5 Chicago CD that just tipped me over to save the shipping costs.

Love these albums and the new Atmos mixes sound great on Apple, should be great on Blu. (Or Blue)

Is anyone else having trouble with the discount code (CC24WMX15)? It's saying that "Coupon cannot be added to your cart" when I try on my Samsung phone and Windows PC. It's worked fine in the past for the 3 Quadio bundles that I have ordered.

Is anyone else having trouble with the discount code (CC24WMX15)? It's saying that "Coupon cannot be added to your cart" when I try on my Samsung phone and Windows PC. It's worked fine in the past for the 3 Quadio bundles that I have ordered.
Someone said something about using diff info. Like maybe they are rejecting multiple orders (w/ same info) with that same code. Try diff email address and diff payment card is what I would do.

Back