The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is sort of interesting....I haven't check the accuracy of this but it looks to be good.. Sorry GOS!

It seemed impossible to me that even the Bears couldn't EVER have had a 30+ td passer so I researched it a bit..
It seems that Eric Kramer in 1995 had the most, 29 passing tds. Wouldn't have guessed that!
I would have thought McMahon would have but surprisingly the most he had was 15 in 1985...

Wow, got rid of one Wilson, picked up another Wilson.

If he doesn't work out here's the next Wilson in line...

1713876849573.png

https://sports.yahoo.com/chicago-bears-announce-plans-wednesday-214100215.html

Chicago Bears to announce plans Wednesday for new domed stadium on lakefront​

The Chicago Bears have set noon Wednesday to announce plans for a new domed stadium on the lakefront.

Team officials will make the announcement at Soldier Field, which would be demolished under the proposal.

In what will be a busy week for the team, the announcement will come one day before the Bears are scheduled to make the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft.

The team said it plans to present a “state-of-the-art, publicly owned enclosed stadium, along with additional green and open space with access to the lakefront for families and fans, on the Museum Campus.”

The team has pledged to spend $2 billion in private money for the project. The cost of the stadium is estimated at $2.5 billion to $3 billion, plus $1 billion for associated roads and other infrastructure.

The crucial question is how any taxpayer cost would be funded, and whether city and state lawmakers would approve that. Taxpayers were still on the hook for $631 million for Soldier Field debt as of last year.

The new site would be on what are now parking lots just south of Soldier Field. The colonnades from the old structure would be saved. The proposal is believed to potentially include a hotel and improved access to and from DuSable Lake Shore Drive.

The Bears bought the former Arlington International Racecourse in Arlington Heights for $197 million last year, and announced plans for a $5 billion mixed-use development with a stadium, housing and entertainment. But the team switched focus back to Chicago this year after property tax negotiations with local school districts broke down.

Several other communities, including Naperville and Aurora, also expressed interest in luring the Bears.

Mayor Brandon Johnson’s office declined to comment Monday, but he has recently spoken about having promising conversations with Warren and hinted at unspecified benefits that Chicago would reap from the team’s continued presence downtown.

This stadium is a BIG deal. And, the fact that they are now going to do it lakefront, right where Soldier Field is.....well, I can only imagine the major disruption this construction is going to create. It will be madness until it's fully completed. That area is already wall to wall cars, without a major construction site.

my daughter lives in Chicago. Its a big , busy , crowded city. A fun city
Hog Butcher for the World,
Tool Maker, Stacker of Wheat,
Player with Railroads and the Nation's Freight Handler;
Stormy, husky, brawling,
City of the Big Shoulders

I applaud Chicago for finally going for a domed stadium and putting it on I-41 / Lakeshore Drive. Now if they could only get a good home team football squad to play there

I applaud Chicago for finally going for a domed stadium and putting it on I-41 / Lakeshore Drive. Now if they could only get a good home team football squad to play there
Winning in the NFL runs in cycles. Sometimes the winning streaks are long like the Pats or the Steelers. Sometimes they are short. The Bears are on the upswing.

So the Sabres announced Lindy Ruff as the new head coach. Ruff had a career playing for the Sabres. A Captain. He then coached them. One season to the Stanley cup finals against Carolina. The infamous No Goal game. Watch the whole video for the full effect, or skip to 5:30 for just the meat.

But my favorite Lindy Ruff moment was the argument with Senators coach. A high point in the mans career.

Last edited:
Back