Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ain't no way that I'd go into the grass / woods in Florida to take a pee. You all have got cottonmouths lying in the weeds. We had a site under construction in Jacksonville and one of those beasts aggressively went after a fellow who was trimming weeds.

Cotton Mouth is one of my (many) favorite Doobie Brothers songs...written by Seals and Crofts. It's from Toulouse Street, an album which I've heard at least 100 times, and for which another 100 times still won't be enough:

Cottonmouth moccasins are only found in very wet areas. I only have Coral Snakes and Rattlesnakes. Saw an 18" Coral Snake a few weeks ago...the dog was sniffing at his tail while he was moving. Freaked me out. lol. Leave them alone, they leave you alone.
"Red on black, friend to Jack. Red on yellow, kill a fellow." That's how you tell a king snake from a coral snake.

Some years ago a huge Rattler bit our cat, you could tell by how wide the fang marks were. Luckily it didn't inject any poison, but due to bacteria and such she had to have several blood transfusions from the Vet's "donor" cat. After that I called her my $600 cat.

Cottonmouth moccasins are only found in very wet areas. I only have Coral Snakes and Rattlesnakes. Saw an 18" Coral Snake a few weeks ago...the dog was sniffing at his tail while he was moving. Freaked me out. lol. Leave them alone, they leave you alone.
"Red on black, friend to Jack. Red on yellow, kill a fellow." That's how you tell a king snake from a coral snake.

Some years ago a huge Rattler bit our cat, you could tell by how wide the fang marks were. Luckily it didn't inject any poison, but due to bacteria and such she had to have several blood transfusions from the Vet's "donor" cat. After that I called her my $600 cat.
Just read up on the Coral Snakes family and apparently they are the 2nd most venomous after the Black Mamba, but not as affective and delivering it! Luckily in the UK we only have the adder which isn't that venomous so unlikely to kill a healthy human, and are rare, but I have come across them lots of times, and I really don't like snakes!

Hopefully, Ricko's idyllic woodland setting is devoid of slithery venomous snakes ...... instead, populated by Disney characters out of BAMBI 🦌!

Mr Rabbit [Thumper] replies 🐇: "I thought I spotted a 🦄 UNICORN!!!!!!!"

Last edited:
Ain't no way that I'd go into the grass / woods in Florida to take a pee. You all have got cottonmouths lying in the weeds. We had a site under construction in Jacksonville and one of those beasts aggressively went after a fellow who was trimming weeds.

Cotton Mouth is one of my (many) favorite Doobie Brothers songs...written by Seals and Crofts. It's from Toulouse Street, an album which I've heard at least 100 times, and for which another 100 times still won't be enough:

I used to get cottonmouth quite a bit when I was younger ;)

Just read up on the Coral Snakes family and apparently they are the 2nd most venomous after the Black Mamba, but not as affective and delivering it! Luckily in the UK we only have the adder which isn't that venomous so unlikely to kill a healthy human, and are rare, but I have come across them lots of times, and I really don't like snakes!
Coral snakes, unlike some snakes with fangs, have to bit you and hold on. Some people think because of their small mouths, they can only bite a toe or finger. Not true. Piss one off and see....
Hopefully Ricky will not encounter such timid but poison snakes in his build, crawling through the pipes in search of a shady cool spot.... J/K of course!

Coral snakes, unlike some snakes with fangs, have to bit you and hold on. Some people think because of their small mouths, they can only bite a toe or finger. Not true. Piss one off and see....
Hopefully Ricky will not encounter such timid but poison snakes in his build, crawling through the pipes in search of a shady cool spot.... J/K of course!
Or Lake Michigan's version of the Loch Ness Monster ..... THE LOCH ATMOS Monsta! 🦕

Last edited:
Im pretty sure it's a requirement on build sites with no plumbing, at least in NY. For large commercial sites they bring in those trailer units.
When we had our kitchen remodeled, the contractor had a portapotty put on our driveway, even though our bathrooms were fully functional. They said it was because some customers had complained about some of the workers missing the mark.

Throwing a bit of heart clogging food to the subs is always appreciated.
they're young. they could use some fat. one team mate missing - he has his police academy physical today

345framecrew.jpg

that is the neighbor's 'being built' house. the foundation for the house that goes with the Atmos barn is right over the shoulders of the framing crew picture
In the UK you'd expect to put several dozen houses on the land in that picture, and you might not get planning permission for such a sparse layout especially on virgin land like this. It means we're all crammed in like rabbits.

In the UK you'd expect to put several dozen houses on the land in that picture, and you might not get planning permission for such a sparse layout especially on virgin land like this. It means we're all crammed in like rabbits.
There are no such laws in the US for residential builds that I know of. I know people that have many acres of land surrounding their house. If you can afford the land, you build what you want. My brother built his dream house a few years back. 70 acres of land. His driveway to get from the road to his house is 1/2 mile long.

Back