What IS and IS NOT in the Rhino vaults.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro Tull - Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll, Too Young To Die! (quad mix of entire album included in 2016 CD/DVD book set)
Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood (quad mixes of just four songs - the title track, "Jack-In-The-Green," "The Whistler," and "Velvet Green" - included in 2017 CD/DVD book set)

Eagles - self-titled & Desperado
Deep Purple - Burn
Bonnie Raitt - Takin' My Time
Todd Rundgren - Initiation
ZZ Top - Fandango
Gordon Lightfoot - Gord's Gold

Start here and continue reading through the thread.
I amended the original post/album list. Thanks!

How confirmed is confirmed to be available for quads previously released? "Officially" from someone inside who's seen the tape still exists, or confirmed as in WB has the rights to it and it's been released before?
Confirmed as in a Rhino person says (aka Steve) says yes, it's in the vaults.

Grand Funk Railroad drummer Don Brewer said there was a quad mix of their last power trio album "E Pluribus Funk” (1971) but he did not like it.
I would love to hear it anyway! I wonder if it's drenched in reverb like much of "Where an American Band"? It could be a bit of a challenge to mix just three musicians across four speakers. I would spread the drums across the rear!

Last edited:
I would love to hear it anyway! I wonder if it's drenched in reverb like much of "Where an American Band"? It could be a bit of a challenge to mix just three musicians across four speakers. I would spread the across the rear!
There is actually more that can be done with those power trio albums than many believe. I demixed / remixed the first three GFR albums into 5.1, and they came out surprisingly well. (Especially after I took a second crack at them. :)). Those first three albums use a good bit of panning of the guitar, and it works very well in 5.1 with a song like Sin's A Good Man's Brother.

So one would surmise that E Pluribus Funk would come out even better?

ForagingRhino has told us that there are no quad masters to be found for "Sweet Baby James" or "Best of Bread Vol 2". Apparently they thought that the Best of Bread Vol 2 was a sure thing but there was nothing to be found. Steve can elaborate if he so desires, but he probably won't. I know he wanted to put that one out for sure

There is actually more that can be done with those power trio albums than many believe. I demixed / remixed the first three GFR albums into 5.1, and they came out surprisingly well. (Especially after I took a second crack at them. :)). Those first three albums use a good bit of panning of the guitar, and it works very well in 5.1 with a song like Sin's A Good Man's Brother.

So one would surmise that E Pluribus Funk would come out even better?
I love that album. I wore out the 8 track playing in it my car, back when.

BOA? (Updating the original post with these.)
I think Jethro Tull, too?
Jethro Tull catalog I thought had left Warner Music group when Chrysalis was fully absorbed into EMI. But when EMI was bought up by Universal, the Chrysalis was spun off to Warner Music Group. Warner I believe merged the Chrysalis Tull catalog into Parlophone Records, for most of the world.

It's confusing, but Tull left Warner, and then was returned home, and home is at Warner's now and forever.

I think.

Jethro Tull catalog I thought had left Warner Music group when Chrysalis was fully absorbed into EMI. But when EMI was bought up by Universal, the Chrysalis was spun off to Warner Music Group. Warner I believe merged the Chrysalis Tull catalog into Parlophone Records, for most of the world.

It's confusing, but Tull left Warner, and then was returned home, and home is at Warner's now and forever.

I think.
that sounds right.

Which would explain why Rhino sells all the Tull product on their website ;)

Back