Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Alan, you got the subs, it's not amps, Kplisch speakers, I hope.
We've got a winner!

Upgrading my fronts and center speakers to Klipsch's flagships, RF 7 III and RC 64 III.

3rd fronts set that I've acquired, and prolly the last, since these are the top of the line.
2nd center set that I've acquired.

I wish I could just leave well enough alone but with audio gear and cars I just have to keep fucking with it.
Old rack is out and new special McIntosh rack is in.
Pros, one unit on wheels, instead of 9 metal spike shelves.
A little taller, 6", a little wider 6".
It was very difficult to get in rear before, always afraid of collapsing a shelf, back breaking.
McIntosh glass panel lights up with trigger cable.
Cons, only thing is I am lowering my center speaker to a shelf, only one reason, it keeps me from raising TV up 6", I still might do?
So the top shelf will hold PC, DAC, 4K Apple and 4 channel amp. Basically the same minus the 12.5" tall center and replacing with 4.5" tall amp.
The power supply now instead of middle, to the right, power cables should still be OK?

The center speaker was perfect before, I hope I am not disappointed with where it is at, but if it has to go on top and raise TV on wall then so be it

Of course it is work in progress and only will be done when I like it.
Notice all the cables, I hate that part. Every cable, in's and out's marked.
View attachment 104827View attachment 104828
View attachment 104829View attachment 104830View attachment 104831
Markie, is it possible to raise your TV up another few inches so that all the tweeters align perfectly.

IMG_5534.jpg

Gorgeous cabinet, BTW. Another BIG MAC for BIG MARKIE!

Markie, is it possible to raise your TV up another 6 inches so that all the tweeters align perfectly.

IMG_5534.jpg

Gorgeous cabinet, BTW. Another BIG MAC for BIG MARKIE!
Your looking at the way it was, I admit perfect.
But the new cabinet, 6" taller would make me raise the TV 6", very doable.
I sat and thought, but blue tape where it would be, etc and my neck and my eyes are so very relaxed at this current height. If I find the sonics of the front stage is to my satisfaction, then what the heck, no problem, if not, then I will raise.
You know Ralphie this is the world of HIFI, baby steps.

We've got a winner!

Upgrading my fronts and center speakers to Klipsch's flagships, RF 7 III and RC 64 III.

3rd fronts set that I've acquired, and prolly the last, since these are the top of the line.
2nd center set that I've acquired.
Man, you are gonna LOVE IT, I can't wait to see pictures and the smile on your face.

Your looking at the way it was, I admit perfect.
But the new cabinet, 6" taller would make me raise the TV 6", very doable.
I sat and thought, but blue tape where it would be, etc and my neck and my eyes are so very relaxed at this current height. If I find the sonics of the front stage is to my satisfaction, then what the heck, no problem, if not, then I will raise.
You know Ralphie this is the world of HIFI, baby steps.
While I totally agree the center of your eye should align with the center of the screen...placing the center channel in a restricted space might alter its effectiveness.

You can always sit on a WHOPPEE cushion to elevate your derriere ... LOL!

Well, finally after about 10 hours its back. Pulled the engine and wire harness all out, but back in the new engine bay, with same wiring, hit the ignition and bang turned over on first hit. Apple 4K a little wonky, hit reset and fine.
Now to make look aesthetically correct, measured/centered , etc. Most important of all #1, no noise, that is a blessing.

I'll listen for a while before I make any decisions on whether to be happy with Audessy, or likely go back to Mitch Barnett.
On a 5 minute listen center speaker was fine, but we shall wait for real day to day listening to settle in.
Since I have been about 12 years old this is probably the 500th time I have done this. Connected two speakers to my parents mono record cabinet and here we are today.

The cabinet has little feet that you screwdriver and rotate a head pin clockwise, 5 of them that locks the unit in place on the floor, pretty cool.

Oh, and after all this I forgot to add trigger cable to light up the glass on the cabinet, I think I have an extra trigger cable in my box of extras in the garage.

If I wasn't so addicted to power it's times like these I envy wireless applications. All the cables and interconnects, are mind-blowing. It would be cool to have custom cabling but I would assume that would cost multi thousands of dollars, when I can just now push the unit as a whole to the wall. There was before and I am sure there will be now a 6" gap between cabinet and wall because of cables.

While I was at it I reintroduced by Blu Ray and MQA CD player back in rotation, just more cables :LOL: :SB I still might pull them back down because I rip everything and don't actually use them.

BTW, nobody can be a downer on me, I'm good on my own. The joy of hands on, fucking around with my own shit is bliss.

I'll send final picture with subs and speakers done.

I learned a little trick a few years ago. When trying to create that perfect stereo image from the place where you sit, take one of your MONO recordings and play that. Between a little movement and toe in/out of your two front speakers, that mono signal should be locked dead center. So then when you go to a stereo recording the information between the speakers will be dead perfect. All recordings are different, modern recordings the vocals seem to be pretty good at phantom center, but older rock recordings they played around with vocals being on the sides, etc, so by taking that mono recording you can rest assure your dialed in.

Oh my aching back, Bud and Jack tonight for sure. Oh yes, final thought, alcohol powered listening makes anything sound great.:cool:

View attachment 104874View attachment 104875
While I was at it
play those MQA discs on your Luxie and get full unfold Markie !!!!!!!!!

and one more suggestion - hook up your Luxie to preamp via XLR cords ( if you can ) , you will see a world of difference. Trust me

Back