Atmos Mix Hall Of Shame (A List of Fake and/or Very Conservative Atmos mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No argument there re: Fleetwood Mac, but I rather like the Atmos mix of Automatic. Mike Mills’ backing vocals in “Find The River” are loud and clear, whereas they’re kind of buried in the old 5.1 mix.

Plus, the first acoustic guitar in “Drive” coming from the front left height speaker is a really cool way to start the album.
Agree 100% on your point about “Find The River”. The Atmos mix with the prominence of Mike Mills’ backing vocals elevates this spectacular song to new heights.

What do you mean by ""Atmos for music only works on headsets"?
As you may know, (but most don't) Bluetooth cannot to deliver to speakers the multichannel mix, only a very poor stereo version. So millions of people can and do listen in their cars to an "Atmos mix" in name only. Millions more can listen to Virtual Atmos on bt speaker bars, again a downgraded version. Can't blame the Atmos mix engineers for all these poor translations.

As you may know, (but most don't) Bluetooth cannot to deliver to speakers the multichannel mix, only a very poor stereo version. So millions of people can and do listen in their cars to an "Atmos mix" in name only. Millions more can listen to Virtual Atmos on bt speaker bars, again a downgraded version. Can't blame the Atmos mix engineers for all these poor translations.
Ah, you are referring to listening via Bluetooth. Didn’t pick up on that.

Which car audio systems actually play the Atmos version via Apple Music? I know some new Mercedes can but that isn't output in stereo......

Which car audio systems actually play the Atmos version via Apple Music? I know some new Mercedes can but that isn't output in stereo......
All bt cars play Atmos labeled tracks. According to Dolby, Apple Music will play a "pre-binauralized" mixdown in a 2 channel format for the car. Officially this IS an Atmos mix, albeit not a spatial mix. In my opinion it sounds very poor (even thought the Atmos mix may be stellar) and is the point of my post. It's not the Atmos mix that's bad, it's the translation for the car.

(Lucid Air is the first car to integrate Atmos using 21 speakers and about 5 other car models offer some type of Atmos. No idea how Atmos is delivered in these vehicles and no idea if Virtualized or multichannel.)

Back