What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh I've done all that Fizzy (more than once.. :eek: ...tbh I don't want to keep manhandling the cart and headshell too much, I just know one false move and I'll bust it and that'll be another £150 down the bloody drain!).. the trouble is that one of the demodulators doesn't separate the Front Left + Rear Left at all.. while the other demodulator separates them like a good'un but with distortion in the Rear Left only (like big blasts of distortion!).. otherwise I would indeed say yes it must be the stylus/cart.. ah well.. it was working great on Tony Orlando and his Dawn chorus tonight.. then I try Bob Dylan's Wavey Planets again and BLAM..! Revenge of the Distorto-tron..! :D

Short of that solution I have no more.

Time to take em both out in a nearby field, attach some C4 and blow em to ' ell.

But.....first replace em witha cheaper outboard unit (Sansui, or Pansonic, et al -all had cheap CD-4 units).bugger JVC !

Haha! On my phone, it looks like they are standing on a pair of false teeth. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha.. love it.. :cool:

they'll be standing on sandpaper, knowing my luck with CD-4.. ;)

..even though the only negative (literally, held the freaking thing up to a spyglass under my led torch) about the whole thing is of a cosmetic/outer sleeve nature; namely a ding in the sleeve top right, a bigger crushed corner bottom right of the sleeve and a folded over corner in the unique Quad paper inner sleeve, the disc itself appears to be absolutely perfect.. all that mumbo jumbo aside, I do have a soft spot for Tie A Yellow Ribbon.. my Grandma Stanford used to play that all the time when I was a tiny tot.. we used to boogie round the living room to it.. it would have been stereo of course I guess.. actually possibly mono, she loved her Dansette bless her.. :p

Haha.. love it.. :cool:

they'll be standing on sandpaper, knowing my luck with CD-4.. ;)

..even though the only negative (literally, held the freaking thing up to a spyglass under my led torch) about the whole thing is of a cosmetic/outer sleeve nature; namely a ding in the sleeve top right, a bigger crushed corner bottom right of the sleeve and a folded over corner in the unique Quad paper inner sleeve, the disc itself appears to be absolutely perfect.. all that mumbo jumbo aside, I do have a soft spot for Tie A Yellow Ribbon.. my Grandma Stanford used to play that all the time when I was a tiny tot.. we used to boogie round the living room to it.. it would have been stereo of course I guess.. actually possibly mono, she loved her Dansette bless her.. :p

Well, we used to sing the song in music class , when I was in 6th grade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. All

Another CD-4 LP

( RCA. CD-4 R4J-7032 -Harlem Nocturne Standard Solo Mood )-

IMG_1288.jpg
IMG_1289.jpg
IMG_1290.jpg

#10 - The Guess Who (CD-4 QuadraDisc)

Shrink wrap still on cover is a nice thing IMO.

I'll tell you, as many of our members know that back in the late 70s and up through even the late 80s there were quadradiscs found in the bargain bins still sealed for $2.99. Titles like Pussycats, Muscle of Love, Eric Carmen, #10, There's one in Every Crowd, and others could be found. The only problem was that $2.99 in the 70s was like coughing up $10 a slab, still considerable cash to lay out. Each time I went and gathered up the funds and returned to the store to nab that precious still sealed CD-4, it was gone! I only had luck when I grabbed them right then and there.

Back