What's the Latest QUAD TAPE Added to Your Pile? Q8, Q4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it begins - my first Q4; Tony Mottola's 'Warm, Wild & Wonderful'

IMG_3651 copy.jpgIMG_3653 copy.jpgIMG_3655 copy.jpg

A month or so ago I got a near mint Calabassas Q8 (BW Stevenson) for $12.00 (ebay) Not bad Eh.. I would really like to get the BW Stevenson tape with the song" My Maria" on it, but that is a pipe dream!

Calbassas is one of the best albums by anyone. As good as My Maria is, and it is DAMN GOOD, Calabassas is better. I've never heard My Maria in Quad. I believe it was only released on Q8 in Canada.

The best track from Calabassas, Roll On is my favorite BW song.

A month or so ago I got a near mint Calabassas Q8 (BW Stevenson) for $12.00 (ebay) Not bad Eh.. I would really like to get the BW Stevenson tape with the song" My Maria" on it, but that is a pipe dream!

A girlfriend of mine is moving. She gave me all the rest of her late Dad's LP/reel/Q8 collection and the remainder of his gear. A couple years ago, she gave me a Sansui QRX-5500. To my amazement, he also had a QRX-7500a which I got yesterday. Joe and I picked up most of it yesterday. Here's some of the Q8's:

View attachment 22274
Hotcakes - Carly Simon SEALED! I have a CD-4 LP and CD of this, so I'll leave it sealed.

View attachment 22275
Toys in the Attic - Aerosmith I have the 5.1 SACD of this, and a Remastered CD in Box of Fire as well.

View attachment 22276
Late for the Sky - Jackson Browne EVER NOTICE THE SPINE? It is missing the "e" at the end of BROWNE. The back of the cartridge has the proper spelling. It is the orange Asylum cartridge. I also have a couple CD-4 LP's of this.

Popular Science (Project 3) test record PRQ8-401 Q8 cartridge

Montgomery Ward Airline Discrete 4 Channel Sampler (Yellow Ampex shell. all Ovation Records tracks)

View attachment 22277
General Electric 4 Channel warp Around Sound (Project 3) PRQ8-4000GE

View attachment 22278
View attachment 22279
Ford Quadrasonic Sound for Today ('78 RCA sampler)

View attachment 22280
A Kaleidoscope of Contemporary Quadrasonic Sound ('76 RCA Ford sampler)

View attachment 22281
Tchaikovsky: Suite from the Nutcracker I also have a mint promo CD-4 LP of this.

View attachment 22282
Return of the Pink Panther - Henry Mancini

more to come...

More Q8's:

Sunfighter - Grace Slick/Paul Kantner

Unknown-10.jpeg
Stephen Foster's Social Orchestra

Unknown-11.jpeg
Tribute to Charlie Chaplin - London Festival Orch/Stanley Black

images-4.jpeg
duit on mon dei - Nilsson

Unknown-12.jpeg
Children of France - La Chorale Des Enfants De L'Opera de Paris

Unknown-13.jpeg
Holiday - America

Unknown-14.jpeg
Seventh Sojourn - Moody Blues

Chopin: Concerto No. 2 in F Major; Grand fantasy on polish Airs - Rubinstein/Ormandy/Philadelphia

Unknown-15.jpeg
New Orleans Suite - Duke Ellington

Carnegie Hall Reel II - Dick Schory

Unknown-16.jpeg
Top of the World - Ronnie Aldrich

Unknown-17.jpeg
Music from Million Dollar Movies - Fiedler/Boston Pops

Still more Q8's:

mMtBgH-q5PbtAzQK3VFI-hA.jpg
Fiddler on the Roof movie soundtrack 2 Q8's

Raunch n' Roll - Black Oak Arkansas

Unknown-6.jpeg
Alone Again (naturally) - Ray Gonoff
I had one of these back in the day, but traded it for something edgier

images.jpeg
Live at the Rainbow - Focus

Unknown-7.jpeg
Make it Easy on Yourself - Burt Bacharach

Unknown-8.jpeg
Best of Ramsey Lewis

Shostakovich: Symphony #5 - Ormandy/Philadelphia

more to come...

Unknown-1.jpeg
Movie Hits! - Enoch Light

Unknown-6.jpeg
Poems, Prayers & Promises - John Denver

400x400_20111004100509-Untitled-3 copy111004.jpg
20090324121818-Untitled-2 copy 3090324-1.jpg
Ford Quadrasonic Sound for Today (1978)

Unknown-7.jpeg
Boulez Conducts Wagner - Boulez/NY Philharmonic

Chopin: Concierto No. 2 - Rubinstein/Ormandy/Philadelphia

Unknown-8.jpeg
Rheinberger: Two Concertos for Organ & Orchestra - E. Power Biggs

Unknown-9.jpeg
Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture - Ormandy/Philadelphia

more to come...

My latest haul - got some great deals on a bunch of latter-era Columbia carts, and plenty of pictures to keep fredblue happy!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

My latest:

8.jpg

9.jpg

The Elvis Live at MSG, Johnny Mathis 'When Will I See You Again' and Moody Blues 'Seventh Sojourn' tapes are up for trade if anyone's interested - feel free to PM me if you have any Q8's.

My latest:

8.jpg

9.jpg

The Elvis Live at MSG, Johnny Mathis 'When Will I See You Again' and Moody Blues 'Seventh Sojourn' tapes are up for trade if anyone's interested - feel free to PM me if you have any Q8's.

Looks like there is more than one version of Bobby Womack on gold cart. Mine has the dolby system logo clearly on the front above the sonic in Quadrasonic.

Hi All
I have neglected my collection of Q4 Reel tapes I have about 100+ Q8 100?, so I`ll show what I bought before I went on Holiday, I have not listened to them yet but they look in mint condition. I am not fully intergrated with my Quad set up yet???.
Bill...

( London. Q4 LON-H-1419 The Mantovani Sound )-
( London. Q4 LON-H-144220 Dolby B Ted Heath Salutes The Duke )-

IMG_0976.jpg
IMG_0977.jpg
IMG_0978.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg
IMG_0981.jpg
IMG_0982.jpg
IMG_0983.jpg

Hi. Q-Eight

I was wandering when some one would notice that it slipped my observation when I was biding on it & won the reel, it was after getting it I noticed that it read simulated Quad not good on my part, why did they do it how many was put out there as simulated ????.
Bill..

Electronically re-recorded to simulate Quad? Mono to Quad?

Last edited:
Back