New Sansui QRX 7500 owner!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kent T

Hi all QQ members,

I am the proud owner of a nice Sansui QRX 7500 Quad receiver. What do you think about this model? Any issues with them as they age. Thanks for your input.

I just bought one this weekend, bb601.JPG it came with the owners manual, large quick reference, set record and cleaning cloth. It sounds good, I have to decide what kind of speakers to use.

Wow!! I've spent tens of thousands on gear, and I've never owned anything that looked anywhere near as cool! Well, maybe my old Philips separates. If you want to make it vintage, Sansui or Pioneer speakers with lattice wood grilles would be the ticket. Marantz Imperials or JBL L's would work, too. It's 1900 and yesterday.

I am dazzled, thanks! Am using mine with 4 Dynaco A 25 speakers. Love the Vario-Matrix decoding, the best Matrix extant. It's lovely on SQ and CD-4. The styling is also great.

Hi all QQ members, I am the proud owner of a nice Sansui QRX 7500 Quad receiver. What do you think about this model? Any issues with them as they age. Thanks for your input.
I am right behind you, Kent T. Just scooped one of these online for right around $300 - seemed like a good price, but I don't have comparison values to reference. ...I just WANTED it! Photos appear pristine, except one tuning dial light bulb is not illuminating. Should receive it in next couple days; not sure if it the package includes a user manual. Glad to read the positive comments on here about this model. Chomping at the bit to fire it up, but undecided on speakers ...or input sources. How are you going to feed yours?

How is this model different from the -7500A version?

Last edited:
That is an impressive find! It seems that a lot of really nice quad receivers re popping up at n affordable price

It seems that a lot of really nice quad receivers re popping up at n affordable price
I have a theory about that... It involves two factors.
Many, many veterans were fortunate to find themselves overseas with lots of opportunities to buy very good quality, cutting edge (at the time) Japanese, European, and American stereo gear at fantastic prices; bought lots of stuff, brought it back stateside, but then "upgraded" to newer equipment over the years, and:
  • Put their "old stuff" in storage, for better or worse. And now they are pulling their older stuff out of the closet, attic, and garage, etc., and putting it up for sale.
  • Sold or donated their "old stuff" to GW, SA, and the like, and now wish to recreate their former listening experience with that analog and/or quadraphonic equipment. And so they are shopping for the same stuff they used to have.
I kinda fall into both those categories; guilty as charged.
:rolleyes:

Does that make me a Sony Maronie?

My balony has a fist name it's S-O-N-Y

Hi Jack,
I have the same model but without a manual.
Might you be interested in scanning your manual and sending me a pdf by email. I would be willing to compensate you (reasonably).
Thanks.

Hi Jack, I have the same model but without a manual. Might you be interested in scanning your manual and sending me a pdf by email. I would be willing to compensate you (reasonably). Thanks.
If yes, please include me for a copy of that pdf file, too. I would happily contribute to any expense. ...Reasonable. :)
If no, can anyone point to an alternate source?

PS: Does anyone need copies of manuals for QRX-7001 or SD-5050?
I have originals for both. (y)

Hi Jack,
I have the same model but without a manual.
Might you be interested in scanning your manual and sending me a pdf by email. I would be willing to compensate you (reasonably).
Thanks.

Hey dragon go too hifiengine and you can download the QRX7500 manuel

If yes, please include me for a copy of that pdf file, too. I would happily contribute to any expense. ...Reasonable. :)
If no, can anyone point to an alternate source?

PS: Does anyone need copies of manuals for QRX-7001 or SD-5050?
I have originals for both. (y)
Alamo you can download the QRX7500 manuel at Hifiengine. Welcome

Alamo you can download the QRX7500 manuel at Hifiengine. Welcome
Thanks, Fishhead. I actually checked there first before posting on here... no luck.
All I found on hifiengine was other people searching for that same manual.
Did you see it there?

Back