Moody Blues Boxset with 5.1 DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I stand corrected. Disc 1 of Lost Chord is a 2ch SACD hybrid. Disc 2 is a CD. Perhaps I played disc 2 and assumed that neither was SACD. I've been listening to these in my car, thinking they were both CD's. There are no SACD logos on either the disc or packaging. It has been listen in my SACD library on sa-cd.net: http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7517/1

G4VzE.jpg

Stereo-only SA-CD, of course :eek:

Wow! I stand corrected. Disc 1 of Lost Chord is a 2ch SACD hybrid. Disc 2 is a CD. Perhaps I played disc 2 and assumed that neither was SACD. I've been listening to these in my car, thinking they were both CD's. It has been listen in my SACD library on sa-cd.net: http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7517/1

View attachment 10545

good to have it confirmed by someone who owns the discs! thanks, Linda (y)

the three responses I read on sa-cd.net about the ISOTLC set do make me wonder whether these folks realise they're listening to the CD layer some of the time..!?!? Read 'em and weep! :yikes

Is this set only selling for over $300.00? If it is, I'll pass! I already have the DTS and SACD versions of 4.0/5.1.

I've seen it listed for around $265 USD and sent several links to AmazonUS so hopefully they will match or beat that price. When I preordered, it was around $311 + tax which we have to pay in California.:mad:

I've seen it listed for around $265 USD and sent several links to AmazonUS so hopefully they will match or beat that price. When I preordered, it was around $311 + tax which we have to pay in California.:mad:
You could avoid the tax having it sent to me in Utah. I'll check to see if the dvd-audio disks are in proper playing condition, then forward the set to you in CA.

The cassette contains no music. I wonder if it contains any tape.

You're right!

If it was down to under $150.00 US Dollars, I'd bite. Hopefully, the surround mixes are different and they eventually release them separately but I won't hold my breath.

I really love those Moodies. I sure wish they'd surround their later releases.

we all know too many of these box sets are just cash cows/smash n grab/jokes..!!

this time round they must've been low on marbles but they had a few hundred novelty/fake cassette tapes lying around.

the mind infinitely boggles with these record labels :mad:@:

The biggest joke was the Wish You Were Here box set with clear marbles, discs that were scratched beyond playing and a handful of genuine unreleased songs for about $150

I returned mine for a refund.

I bought WYWH the first day it was out. All the discs came in white cardboard sleeves. On the other hand, I bought DSOTM the first day and had to open three to get one with discs that weren't scratched. The Wall was fine, too. After having dumped nearly $300 on Floyd, I had indeed lost my marbles.

Even at $150, I can't justify buying these Moodies in surround for the third or fourth time. It would be the seventh or eighth time for most, including 1/2 speed, LP, Gold and regular CD's.

The biggest joke was the Wish You Were Here box set with clear marbles, discs that were scratched beyond playing and a handful of genuine unreleased songs for about $150

I returned mine for a refund.

You're right!

If it was down to under $150.00 US Dollars, I'd bite. Hopefully, the surround mixes are different and they eventually release them separately but I won't hold my breath.

I really love those Moodies. I sure wish they'd surround their later releases.

not a chance! it'll be $250 lowest anywhere (I read a preview where the reviewer expressed their delight at the good value of this set with tracks working out at under Ā£1 a pop!) and there's even less chance of there being anymore surround Moodies.

imagine if this set had both the Blue Jays & Ray Thomas Mighty Oaks album quad mixes in Hi-Rez surround from the master tapes.. now that ā€‹would be worth some serious mazoolah!

Get it direct from Universal and you get an Exclusive replica C120 cassette of the Moodies tape thats been round space in Challenger, Columbia, Atlantis & Endeavor! (y)

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/...eless-flight-box-set-2013/invt/0600753429785/

Ā£179.99

they're referring to these as "DVD audio" too...

Hang on - so there is a "limited edition" including a C120 that has not actually been anywhere? "Free thin cassette tape" is not something that would incentivize(?) me very highly.....
It's like something being advertised as a "genuine replica". Sheesh.

There is no way there is enough tape on that spindle to be 45 minutes to a side, let alone 60.

Back