What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Im a subscriber to AF. I think it's being released to the general public on 7/10.

I'm a subscriber but got no notice to pay for anything. Are they just sending stuff out one at a time now?

Maybe they know I don't want that title and are saving me the trouble of refusing it.

Really? They informed me of a package being sent to me and i received an electronic receipt. I have the Joe Walsh SACD too.

Well that's odd but I guess I'll lay low until the next surround release comes up then I'll let them know about the problem.

image.jpg

Wes Montgomery: The Wes Montgomery Trio (SACD)

Last edited:

Wes Montgomery doesn't get mentioned enough when the "greats" are talked about...but he certainly belongs...he died at the young age of 45 of a heart attack in 1968...he has done some great versions of Beatle songs..the SHM-SACD of his California Dreaming album is supposed to be special...let us know what you think of your purchase...

Wes Montgomery: The Wes Montgomery Trio

In a word... fantastic!

It's one of the better sounding SACD reissues of Wes Montgomery. Joining Wes are Melvin Rhyne on organ and Paul Parker on drums. The recording has a nice, warm analogue sound with good separation of the instruments. The California Dreaming SHM-SACD is also good. Both are Highly Recommended!

I love Wes Montgomery's Verve and CTI albums. I'll have to look for those SACDs then.

I'll second Lute's description.

Wes Montgomery: The Wes Montgomery Trio

In a word... fantastic!

It's one of the better sounding SACD reissues of Wes Montgomery. Joining Wes are Melvin Rhyne on organ and Paul Parker on drums. The recording has a nice, warm analogue sound with good separation of the instruments. The California Dreaming SHM-SACD is also good. Both are Highly Recommended!

This showed up today from secondspin.com ($12.79 plus shipping).. and it came with the slipcase!

Attachments

• american_in_paris.jpg
    american_in_paris.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 336
image.jpg

Dolly Parton: Halos & Horns

I took a chance on this one and... What a pleasant surprise!

Warm, natural sound and a great collection of songs. Most of them have a Country/Bluegrass sound. Dolly Parton does a great job covering "If" and "Stairway to Heaven". Nice arrangements on all the songs. It all makes me want more Country/Western with immersive/discrete surround mixes.

Cannonball Adderley Quintet in San Francisco featuring Nat Adderley

Scooped the SACD new from an Amazon seller fulfilled by Amazon for under $20.
Very happy as this disc has gotten pricey lately.....have expected to receive the Redbook CD

Back