Yes - The Yes Album in 5.1 Surround DVD-A/BluRay in 2014

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Italian fast-food???:mad:@: You mean like The Burger King Chicken Parm sandwhich? :rolleyes: No thanks.

Ok, m8, I'd be happy to engage in some good natured ribbing, in particular, noting those convicted criminals that pose as an NHL team(The Flyers) or the worst fans in the NFL who like to throw ice rocks at officials and boo players with serious neck injuries(Eagles game versus Micheal Irvin...). I simply will not. You are too fine a gentleman and Philly has indeed been the cradle for Progressive music, with Philly's WMMR leading the way...so... I will just offer some true facts:

The best cheese steak I ever had was in California:mad:@:(The Cheese Steak Shop) there are three of them and they make cheese steaks the old way, with lots of mushrooms and slices of real cheese and a sweet fluffy yet chewey bun! Check them out: http://www.cheesesteakshop.com/index.htm. It is actually hard to find a real authentic Cheese Steak in Jersey or Philly that doesn't use that liquid cheese spread product now-a-days.

View attachment 13256

Next: I am quite jeleous yet happy for you that you also saw Genesis & Floyd in 77. I was 15, with very conservative parents, so it was a miracle I was allowed to go into NYC to see YES & then ELP a few weeks later. I think it was cause ELP had an orchestra, so that was good "culture" for me. My fav Genesis is exactlly the '77 period, so that must have been amazing. I did get to see the original 4 of PF perform The Wall on Long Island in 1980. (y)

About YES, I know you really dig CTTE, so do I, but I must say I am on pins & needles waiting for ALL the classis YES to come out on 5.1. YES truly progressed with each offering, making ALL their recordings necessary! I think it's obvious that GFTO will be next, since they are touring those three(TYA,CTTE,GFTO) and SH rushed out its GFTO in 2.0.(for marketing reasons) So I don't think there will be any surprise about the next YES in 5.1. I do PRAY to all the Gods that exist that we continue to get more YES after that. I will not be at peace until at least all from TYA to Drama come on in 5.1. The 1st two YES records would be a dream come true if SW has the energy to do those.

After further investigation of the 5.1 remixing world, at large, it looks like SW & Jakko are almost single-handedly keeping us going...

I want 90125 and even Big Generator too.
I listened to Big Generator SACD lately and was surprised how much I like it.

But the most of the unexpected I like to hear
Time and a word. This is a really great album and you could do a lot with
the orchestra stuff. :)

The Amazon description does not say anything about the format and says its a one disc affair, but it might well be the dvd audio and bda set,

Possible dvd a set, http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Yes-Alb...UTF8&qid=1394823668&sr=8-1&keywords=Yes+album
Possible bda set, http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Yes-Alb...UTF8&qid=1394823668&sr=8-2&keywords=Yes+album

Rob, I think for Close to the Edge the Amazon's had it incorrectly listed as well untill people told them listing wrong and they corrected it.
I see other Amazon have them listed as one disk as well so I ordered the cheaper of the 2 as I want the Dvd Audio and Dvd Audio was cheaper one last go.
We will find out soon enough.....

It would be really cool if the Blu-ray one wasn't a set. No CD. Package it just like a HFPA.

Yes indeed. Time and a Word has a lot of natural surround potential. Moreso than The Yes Album, but the music on the TYA is better.

Italian fast-food???:mad:@: You mean like The Burger King Chicken Parm sandwhich? :rolleyes: No thanks.

Ok, m8, I'd be happy to engage in some good natured ribbing, in particular, noting those convicted criminals that pose as an NHL team(The Flyers) or the worst fans in the NFL who like to throw ice rocks at officials and boo players with serious neck injuries(Eagles game versus Micheal Irvin...). I simply will not. You are too fine a gentleman and Philly has indeed been the cradle for Progressive music, with Philly's WMMR leading the way...so... I will just offer some true facts:

The best cheese steak I ever had was in California:mad:@:(The Cheese Steak Shop) there are three of them and they make cheese steaks the old way, with lots of mushrooms and slices of real cheese and a sweet fluffy yet chewey bun! Check them out: http://www.cheesesteakshop.com/index.htm. It is actually hard to find a real authentic Cheese Steak in Jersey or Philly that doesn't use that liquid cheese spread product now-a-days.

View attachment 13256

Next: I am quite jeleous yet happy for you that you also saw Genesis & Floyd in 77. I was 15, with very conservative parents, so it was a miracle I was allowed to go into NYC to see YES & then ELP a few weeks later. I think it was cause ELP had an orchestra, so that was good "culture" for me. My fav Genesis is exactlly the '77 period, so that must have been amazing. I did get to see the original 4 of PF perform The Wall on Long Island in 1980. (y)

About YES, I know you really dig CTTE, so do I, but I must say I am on pins & needles waiting for ALL the classis YES to come out on 5.1. YES truly progressed with each offering, making ALL their recordings necessary! I think it's obvious that GFTO will be next, since they are touring those three(TYA,CTTE,GFTO) and SH rushed out its GFTO in 2.0.(for marketing reasons) So I don't think there will be any surprise about the next YES in 5.1. I do PRAY to all the Gods that exist that we continue to get more YES after that. I will not be at peace until at least all from TYA to Drama come on in 5.1. The 1st two YES records would be a dream come true if SW has the energy to do those.

After further investigation of the 5.1 remixing world, at large, it looks like SW & Jakko are almost single-handedly keeping us going...

I used Italian fast-food to distinguish things like cheese steaks, pizza, hoagies, strombolis, calzones, etc. from Italian dining cuisine. I know NYC has some great Italian food, but I've never had a cheese steak as good as Big Jim's on South St. in Philly. And while I haven't been there in years, I can't imagine them not using real cheese. Though it looks liquid after they cook it, that's from mixing it in w/ the steak from the beginning, so the cheese, the grease and the steak all coalesce into the gooey yumminess that is a Philly cheese steak. I find it hard to imagine that any chain could beat the goodness of the real thing. And FWIW, I don't believe mushrooms belong on cheese steaks- just onions. But my favorite was the pizza steak- just add pizza sauce. But I'd have a hard time choosing between a cheese steak and a meatball stromboli- those were awesome too.

I agree that Philly has some of the worst fans in the US. They are devoted and very knowledgeable, but often behave like morons. I remember when my Phillies (fan since we moved there when I was 11) played my Orioles (fan since before conception- my dad took my mom to 3 O's games on their honeymoon!) in the WS. The Philly fans booed Eddie Murray, who was not having a good post-season, which I hated but could understand, but they also booed Mike Schmidt, who was the NL MVP that year, b/c he was in a slump during the series. I was so pissed that I wrote a letter to the Editor of the Inquirer blasting the fans, but of course it was not published. In subsequent discussions w/ fans, they always said that they cheered them when they did well, but since these guys get paid so much money, if they aren't doing their job, the fans will let them know. Seems to me like a stupid way to support your team- kick a dog when he's down not being very motivational- but it was a very common attitude in Philly. As for the Flyers, your comments ring of the jealousy many exhibited during the Broad St. Bullies heyday. Yes, they were tough, they were rough and they were intimidating, but all that would have meant nothing w/o the plethora of skilled players they had, including the best goalie in the NHL.

But Philly was a hotbed for Prog. Supposedly one of Yes' favorite US cities. And good ol' WMMR- that was the heyday for radio and MMR was one of the best. Ed Schiacky was one of Yes' biggest supporters from the beginning. And Yes' biggest concert ever was in Philly: 125K at JFK Stadium in the bicentennial year. I was so looking forward to seeing Yes for the 1st time, but I got caught w/ some elicit herbage by my parents the day before the show and had to miss it- I was totally bummed. But after I turned my Dad onto Yes (he loves pipe organs and the bit from CttE that RW recorded on the church organ was the perfect way to draw him in, coupled w/ 6 Wives), he said a couple years later if he knew what Yes was about he would have let me go...

As for seeing Floyd and Genesis in '77, the Animals concert is one of the best I've ever seen, but I bet the previous tour was even better: all of WYWH; all of DSOTM; and Echoes as an encore! Genesis was awesome too, but a cut below Floyd and Yes. I enjoyed ELP the least, probably b/c it was only like 6 days after Yes had blown my head off, though I still really liked them (I had a similar effect seeing Little Feat a couple days after seeing Yes).

I am also really looking forward to all the upcoming SW re-mixes, but I got too worked up over CTTE and am trying to practice patience now. (Even I have a fear that I might die before Tales comes out) And as much as I love Yes, esp. the classic period, nothing quite reaches the level of CTTE for me- that is simply the most moving piece of music I've ever experienced and the album I've craved in surround since I first heard surround. Though Tales is not far behind and I am anxious to see what SW will do w/ that.

I really like the 1st two albums as well, but if "they" decide to expand beyond 70's Yes, there's some later albums I'd prefer first. But even if they only do the 70's albums, I'll be mighty happy. I just wish they could get them out a little quicker (but then, compared to SW's KC albums, these are coming out quickly...).

TAAW could make for a tasty MCH mix. But if they do any of the Rabin albums, I think Talk would be the best candidate. Given that it was created in ProTools, which is what SW uses to re-mix, it could make for an inspired surround mix. I also think the elements in the music would lend themselves well to surround.

But hell, why bother picking? Just do All the Yes albums! (they can skip OYE since we already have a surround copy of that :rolleyes:)

The Amazon description does not say anything about the format and says its a one disc affair, but it might well be the dvd audio and bda set,

Possible dvd a set, http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Yes-Alb...UTF8&qid=1394823668&sr=8-1&keywords=Yes+album
Possible bda set, http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Yes-Alb...UTF8&qid=1394823668&sr=8-2&keywords=Yes+album

I am not sure if anyone else did but I sent Amazon a link to BurningShed and descriptions and they have updated their website now.
The cheaper one is the cd\dvda and other cd\bluray.

peter

I am not sure if anyone else did but I sent Amazon a link to BurningShed and descriptions and they have updated their website now.
The cheaper one is the cd\dvda and other cd\bluray.

peter

I did the same, it was a team effort.

Doesn't seem to have any changes when I view those links. Still 1 disc and nothing about hires 5.1 audio etc

I'd jump off. It's way cheaper on amazon.uk plus it's released there a week earlier.

Ordered mine from Burning Shed: $25.00 for the DVD-A, $29.00 for the BD, including shipping. IIRC I received CTTE from BS well before others here in the U.S.

Back