Jethro Tull Minstrel in the Gallery Remix Next?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just listened to the 5.1 studio album, with a quite lovely bottle of red. Soooooooperb :sun. My favourite Tull album has never sounded better.

I'm just a Baker Street Muuuuuuuuuuuuse :banana:

Another Steven Wilson winner in this amazing Tull series. Packaging as ever is first class, lots of pictures and stuff to read in the large accompanying book, including a Steven Wilson interview page and a Jakko interview page. What a lot of content for the price, including the album and extras cd and 5.1 dvd, and the Paris gig cd and 5.1 dvd. I'm really looking forward to having time to listen to the Paris gig 5.1.

An essential buy (y)

Mine is still in the post, aaaaaaaargh! :howl

I've now listened to a few songs from the Paris 5.1 disc. Again I have to say (y). A discrete surround mix of a brilliant live gig. What can you say, other than :banana:. What a good all round package this set is.

Anyone who's been waiting to order this: Deepdiscount.com has it for $22.95 plus you can get an additional 15% off using code derby15 until Sunday. Unfortunately, it's backordered at the moment, so a bit of a wait is involved.

I just got my first full taste of this remix tonight as I streamed it on TIDAL at full CD resolution, and overall, I'm extremely impressed by it!
I can only imagine the surround will be even better as even in the stereo remix, I heard details of things I had not picked up on before, from all instruments and from Ian.
The only thing that kind of irked me about this remix is I heard a more audible difference between the acoustic guitar on "One White Duck" and the second half "010 = Nothing At All". The second half sounded a little more 'lower res' with less air and presence noticeable.
I'll listen to the stereo remix some more and once I get my surround set in during the day, I'll definitely take many listens to it and give my impressions on here. :)

http://jethrotullgroup.proboards.com/post/2224/thread
qOTsio.jpg

Listening to Jakko's Live mix first.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 250
My copy arrived 20 mins ago, already playing the new SW 5.1 mix. Wow! It's everything you would expect. Crystal clear, massive dynamic range and very discrete and tastefully mixed. SW states in the liner notes that it's his favourite Tull album and it shows. Very happy with this so far.

Mine came in a few days ago. I am not familiar with this album at all so have no feelings about it. Listened to the 5.1. Appreciated the clarity but the music did not engage me. Not unusual with a first listening of new material. But then I listened to the unreleased quad mix. WOW! Right away I liked it. Either the second time the music clicked or I really enjoyed the 70s mixing style with elements popping in and out of the rear speakers. So for me so far, I prefer the quad mix. I did enjoy the bonus tracks.. Will have to wait to hear the Paris concert
Would have liked to read an explanation of why the quad version was withdrawn did not see it in the book.

Back